PDA

View Full Version : Tight abdominal muscles and back pain

Lilharry
26-03-13, 08:24
I know tight muscles and tension are a symptom of anxiety, but I've had this really really tight stomach for weeks now and I can't seem to find any relief for it. I don't actually think I'm that anxious at the moment, but I just can't seem to let my stomach muscles go. It's causing a lot of pain in my back and by evening I can't even stand up long enough to cook dinner. It feels like something is holding my muscles in because I can't seem to let them go even when I try. It's much worse when I stand up. Just anxiety? Or something else? I have a really good hold on my anxiety these days and I'm in counselling and making a lot of positive progress, but this issue is starting to worry me. It makes it hard for me to breathe. This along with severe fatigue and weird pains in my shins, fingers and elbows really freaks me out and is all new to me in terms of anxiety. I was in a really good place when all of this started to happen and have become progressively more worried the longer it has gone on. I'm worried that it's something more serious :(