PDA

View Full Version : Scared I'm going crazy

lashes
26-03-13, 10:28
Hi I'm at work at the moment and I feel so scared and awful like highly anxious and I just want to go home I can't calm down I really don't know what's wrong with me I'm scared I could do something awful to somebody and I'm scared I'm going crazy please help I don't know what to do recently I keep doing things like in strange orders if I don't something bad might happen I'm at a loss at what to do

Pinktel
26-03-13, 11:07
Firstly take a deep breath and understand you are NOT going crazy.

You can try as hard as you want to make yourself insane but I am here to tell you it is not possible. You cannot alter reality just with your thoughts. We can think we are going to go mad, lose the plot, hurt someone, run down the street screaming, but the fact it we won't.

But we will do a bleeding good job of convincing ourselves we will, and torturing ourselves awfully in the process.

You are anxious. It is horrid. Imagine all that adrenaline being released from your adrenals and also from all your nerve endings, the thousands that run all over your body, they are currently supplying all your organs, heart, lungs, skin, eyes, with copious amounts if adrenaline, exciting them and preparing them for action due to an imminent threat.

Except there is none.

Only your own anxious mind.

Breaking this cycle is a methodical and long process but is done by CBT.

Carrying out actions or having to have thoughts in a specific order would constitute OCD, this also responds greatly to CBT.

Nothing bad is going to happen to you remember that at alla times. You can think however you want if it gives you comfort just to get you through this day, but understand that long term you need to start standing up for yourself and not accepting a life lived in terror.

CBT will help you achieve this. Can you get online and read a bit I'd the CBTPANIC linked from this site? It is free now, I think it would help you.

lashes
26-03-13, 11:26
Thank you so much for that reply just to know I'm not going crazy ! I'm having cbt with a therapist at the moment I'm just not really sure what is wrong with me I seem to have a but of everything ! I also am on citalopram but I feel like the docs aren't listening to me I just want to know what the actual problem is I know clearly its anxiety but it seems like OCD also and panic attacks I'm so confused u can't think clearly I kiss want to shout for help but I really don't know who or where to turn to x

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

And also whereabouts on the site is the cbt4panic ? X

Pinktel
26-03-13, 11:39
It's been made a sticky in the therapy section of the forum.

I understand the frustration just wanting to know what is causing this, what is the problems etc etc, but what you will eventually come to see is that whatever caused the first panic attack or the first bout of anxious thoughts for you, it is actually now irrelevant...

What IS relevant is that you are caught now in exactly the same cycles of fear that we all got caught in. THIS is what you are reacting to now. The cycles of fear are what you need to learn to break. This is the key to relief from panic.