PDA

View Full Version : Help

anabelle
26-03-13, 10:55
Having terrible attack what should I do feel really unwell

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Heart is going so fast really scared don't want to call for ambulance but frightened

Pinktel
26-03-13, 11:10
Can you bear down as if going to the loo? Hold you breath at the same time, this can slow the heart. Alternatively hold breath and splash ice cold water on face, to spark dive reflex which has same effect.

When I have this I pace methodically at a slow beat and walk up and down the hallway until things begin to re adjust. Have you had this before?

anabelle
26-03-13, 11:40
Thank you so much. I think the worst has passed but it has been several years since I experienced the intensity of that feeling. I was in and out of hospital for years with these but I have had numerous therapies and they had by in large gone. I know I am not cured but I thought I was cured of these intense episodes of extremely fast heart rate and being unable to breath.

I was desperate to call an ambulance and open up that cycle again. I am on my own and as you will know when these things strike it is one of the closest things to experiencing awareness of death that one can have. No one can say that is something they don't fear.

I am utterly exhausted now like I have run a marathon. I am terrified this will now return after making so much good progress.

Thank you again for your kindness in my moment of need xxx