PDA

View Full Version : Neverending cycle of pain and HA !!!!

CharlieM
26-03-13, 16:01
Hi guys,

Sadly I am back again. Having a shocking day today. Woke up suddenly at 7am (approx an hour earlier than usual for me). Was immediately feeling chest pain/discomfort. It wasn't radiating, but was directly over sternum. I can't stop focusing on it, and now, 7 hours later it is still there.

I have been out for a long walk, but just kept checking my pulse very few minutes. It has been constantly close to 100/110 all day which is way higher than my normal resting pulse of 64/68.

I decided to keep walking, but headed to the hospital. I just sat in the hospital with a cup of tea. My thinking was that by being in a safer environment, my symptoms would decrease and my heart rate settle. This did seem to happen, so after about 30 mins I walked back home.

I am now sat on my bed typing this, with massive butterflies, concern about my heart and pretty well immobilised with anxiety.

I am really struggling to know whether my anxiety is causing the chest discomfort or vice versa. I have 60 Paroxetine downstairs which are still unopened after 6 days because I am scared to start taking them. Those of you who have seen my previous posts will know that This started in October 2012 and I have had numerous ecgs, stress ECG and bloods. All were ok. I have also started the online CBT packs advertised on this site.

But my anxiety seems to be ever present now, or is it that the discomfort is ever present.

I am really struggling :weep:

Charlie

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Looks like this is going to stay with me all day!!!! I was fine yesterday - so frustrating!! :hugs:

50shadesofmessedup
26-03-13, 16:24
No Charlie ! :) I did the exact same thing the other day! Was having palpitations and chest discomfort all morning so wandered to the hospital for a cuppa tea :) silly really, but better than a full blown meltdown I suppose! My pulse can be that high all day if in stressed, try and listen to some music, cooking, surf the Internet, have a sleep , do anything u can to take ur mind off the panic. It will go away. It won't kill you. :) have u got anyone for supprt with you? xxxx hugs 50

CharlieM
26-03-13, 16:43
Thanks 50. My partner has had to go to work so I am alone. This is obviously not helping matters. My pulse is in the 70's at the moment (I know I shouldn't keep checking it really). But the discomfort just won't go away. It comes in waves and at the peaks, I start panicking.

The reason I am so worried this time, is that in the past the pain goes once the panic subsides. This time, the panic drops a bit, but the pain remains. Hopefully it is muscular, because it is real and not imagined.

Thanks again for your response :D

Charlie

50shadesofmessedup
26-03-13, 17:42
A doctor once told me if u can push it and it hurts it's not ur heart :) worth a try xx I know how unsettling it can be my main anxiety is my heart xxx 50

CharlieM
26-03-13, 18:37
I can't really push it as it seems well below the surface.

BUT, when I do a few stretches, it does ease a bit. Guess that is a good sign :)

Charlie