PDA

View Full Version : hopey

hopey
26-03-13, 14:56
found this site last week.
Need some help please
On citalapram 20mg for 3 years. Gp did not want to increase doseage.
Gp stopped me taking "C" for for two days and then put me on Fluoextine 20mg
Since then have been feeling awful.
:roflmao:
Yesterday and today even worse then I had been before.
Violent shaking in body and seems in Head!!!
Moody most unlike me.
Head still very woozy.
Get to wonder if I have anything else wrong with me.
Would really appreciate any suggestions please:confused:

natkat100
26-03-13, 15:18
I'm no doctor but I would have thought that you would need to come off the citalopram slower and over a longer period of time. I came off citalopram to go on Mirtazapine but it was done slower. In the past I was on Venlafazine and I had similar withdrawal symptoms to you but I have not experienced the same with other tablets.

I'd go back to your doctor

nat

hopey
26-03-13, 15:27
Thanks for reply. Went back to doctor he said could be 4 to 6 week before I feel benefit. But am just feeling so low at the moment. thanks anyway :weep:

theablac
07-03-14, 10:45
HI, I have been on fluoxetine 20mg now for 5 weeks and the side effects have been awful ,being anxious dizzy ,headaches feeling like my head is not my own but I have been told these are the side effects I can expect for a few weeks more the only thing keeping me going is reading this site and seeing people really do get through it , just at the moment I cannot see the end of the tunnel but hopefully the daylight will pop through soon ,I have been told fluoxetine is a slow medicine to work but when it kicks in its one of the best ,we just have to hope this is a fact that's true I really know what your going through I have been feeling worse than when I started but I have been told its the way it works so lets hope we can get through it together:unsure: