PDA

View Full Version : Gallstone?

zippy
27-03-13, 10:35
I had bloods done a few weeks ago and my liver function test was abnormal, I had a scan over a week ago of my liver, spleen, pancreas, kidneys and gallbladder. I have a gallstone that I have had for years that's about 2mm. It hasn't moved or anything. I have felt sick for over a month and in the mornings I have been bringing bright yellow/orange stuff up which Is either acid or bile. I have had a pain in my right side of back for a few weeks that radiates into my neck which is getting worse. It's worse if I burp or breath.
Could my gallstone be causing this because my gp said it all looked fine?
I am thinking is it my stomach now because I have had the organs mentioned scanned.

countrygirl
27-03-13, 11:38
I have a gallbladder full of little stones and have had them for over 20 years. I had 2 attacks of gallbladder pain at the beginning after I had eaten hot pastry and the pain was very specific. It was under my right rib and if I laid down and breathed in them pushed my fingers under my rib and breathed out I hit the ceiling. The pain radiated up into my shoulderblade on right side as well and I was sick and was burping alot. The next day I got pale coloured stools which showed that for a time a stone ws blocking the bile duct but it had managed to pass as mne are tiny like yours.

The pale stools look almost porrige coloured. This symptom is a def for a gallstone blocking the bile duct.

Other liver things could give you the symptoms you are describing, maybe have a chat to your Dr about which enzymes were raised and the fact you still have symptoms

fruity
27-03-13, 11:40
hey zippy i had all this 6years ago & i had my gallbladder taken out. im ok now. but i had severe pancreaitus with mine. & all those symptoms & many more i had. so i would ask again to be checkd. you could need your gallbladder out. so please ask. also because pancreaitus can be very dangerous

zippy
27-03-13, 11:44
Thanks for replies. I have had my pancreas looked at with the ultrasound as well as gallbladder. Kidneys, liver and spleen. I thought if it was causing any problems it would have showed on the ultrasound.

fruity
27-03-13, 11:48
your right there because mine did. but your symptoms are same as what mine were.. just tell your dr again & see what he sais. look after yourself

zippy
27-03-13, 11:50
Thanks fruity. What symptoms were you having?