PDA

View Full Version : Relationships/ getting close?

Hayley1982
27-03-13, 12:47
I haven't been in a relationship for 3 years now and haven't been on dates either.
This Monday I've been asked on a date but dont know if I want to go. For starters I'm worried about having a panic attack but I'm also very scared to get close to anyone. I fear rejection or getting hurt.
Does anyone else get like this?

Haunted
27-03-13, 12:55
Is there a way of having this date without it being something you are uncomfortable with? For instance, if you are more likely to feel anxious at a restaraunt, maybe suggest just seeing a movie together at the cinema? Or if you feel worried about going out somewhere, perhaps cook him a nice meal at home? Just until you feel comfortable with him.

I do think it will be a shame for you to miss out if you want to go on this date. If you want to do it, I say try your best. How well do you know this person? Do you feel comfortable enough to perhaps say you have anxiety issues so he understands? I guess to do that, you'd have to know him and trust him as I know this is a personal issue that you might not want people generally knowing.

At the end of the day, you need to rely on your instinct and follow your heart, but I just would hate for you to miss out if this is a great chance with someone you like.

Dazza123
27-03-13, 13:14
I would love to be invited out on a date, but don't think the other half would allow it :D

I'd say relax, don't let the anxiety sabotage you and just take it easy, maybe look at it as a night out with a friend, no expectations then. Above all enjoy it if you go for it.

BobbyDog
27-03-13, 20:04
I can understand how you feel, I get really anxious and hyperventilate if I am around someone I find attractive, so date's at the moment are out for me, but I do not rule out having a relationship in the future. "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all", so my grandmother used to say.

I would say go for it, you only live once - take it slowly, one step at a time, at your own pace.