PDA

View Full Version : Developing a really weird toilet thing (tmi)

Button1
27-03-13, 18:01
Hi guys,

After all my bowel related anxieties (bowel cancer is the centre of my HA) I've developed an awful phobia about passing stools. My whole family have gastroenteritis at the moment and I've largely escaped but I did have diarreah over the weekend. Since then I've become OBSESSED with the change to my normal bowel habit and I spent all of yesterday and the day before trying to go to the toilet to check my stool. I am so worried about it that I think I've made myself constipated? I am straining all the time (even though I don't really feel the need to go) and can only pass a few pieces of small soft stool. If that happens I wait a bit and try and make myself go again. It's a totally vicious cycle.

I am on iron tablets and I know this can mess your digestion up a bit. I'm just so anxious that this change will go on forever and it will mean I've got cancer
: (

Can anyone advise?
X

tracieann
27-03-13, 18:11
hi Button i am like you with HA that links to bowel or stomach cancers when you have had gastroenteritis you basic bowel content comes out as liquid if your not eating well it dosent make more faeces so when your over reacting bowel has stopped having diarrhea there is not much stool left for you to rid of hence constipation this happened to me after my virus its a normal reaction and dosent mean your going to carry on and get cancer please dont worry im sure your bowels will level out again take care

Button1
27-03-13, 19:16
Do you know how long that lasts? It's really stressful...