PDA

View Full Version : ESA WRAG

Cat80
27-03-13, 18:37
Am panicking a bit. I have my first appointment for the Work Related Activity group in 6 weeks time. I have read the booklet about being put into training to get me work. The panic is right now I don't feel strong enough as my social anxiety and anxiety is bad, I don't even know I am going to get through the appointment. I feel really sick thinking about it continuously, brain won't switch off.

How will I cope sitting in a classroom for hours on end with people I don't know. I just don't know how I am going to do it but will have to or I will have my benefits stopped. Just feeling really scared about it now. Has anyone else been through this, knows what to expect?

Annie0904
27-03-13, 19:27
I had my appointment a few weeks ago and she was a lovely lady. She said that because I am having psychotherapy and physio at the moment she won't give me anything else today. If you are having any therapies make sure you tell her. Also it doesn't mean that you will have to go in a class or anything. Tell the interviewer your worries. I cried in my interview because I was so anxious about it and in some way I think that helped. x

Cat80
27-03-13, 19:30
Thank you Annie, I will tell her how scared I am. Just the interview itself is petrifying me. I feel sick with anxiety and I have a phobia of being sick so it makes it all the worse for me

Annie0904
27-03-13, 19:33
I always feel sick when I am anxious. I was really anxious about the interview. Luckily the waiting area wasn't too busy and I didn't have to wait long. The lady who interviewed me said she won't need to interview me again for another 6 months.

BobbyDog
27-03-13, 19:36
The first interview: mine was an informal chat, I told the lady about all the steps I am taking to help with my recovery i.e. The recovery group I am taking part in and the one to one counselling I am waiting to hear about. I think if they can see you are trying to help yourself, they will be gentle with you. Also, the lady who interviewed me had experience in the mental health field. They have access to your file and will know you suffer with anxiety/depression, therefore "should" tread carefully. I don't think you have too much to worry about.

Cat80
27-03-13, 20:22
Thank you BobbyDog. I hope so. I've had counselling, CBT, loads of different meds etc and really want this gone so I can work. Just a constant struggle as I was agoraphobia for 7 years when I didn't leave the house once! That's whats triggered the social anxiety

Annie0904
27-03-13, 20:32
Make sure you tell the interviewer everything you are doing to try to get well xx