PDA

View Full Version : Slipping back into old ways

unsure_about_this
27-03-13, 19:02
A week without googling symptoms, using NHS, cancer research and MacMillan websites etc. I thought I have cracked it for good but have slipped into bad habit of googling because my mum wanted to know the condition my mum work colleague has got.

Now something was on the news this evening about how likely someone develop cancer (DNA study)

I fear bowel cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penile cancer, breast cancer and brain cancer (and all the other organs of the body and type of cancer, disease etc there can be) no family history of what we know of any cancer, dad has high blood pressure at one point, but has gone back to nearly normal, but this is proabably because of his age, he smokes, drinks sensible, one of his past jobs could have given him high blood pressure.

With possible of maybe having one of my NF lumps removing soon (the doctors say it looks fine) but its bothering me.

Even though the doctors have done an adomnial ultrasound, blood test, urine test and found nothing worrying. Had my stomach/adomonial felt 4 times, rectal exam once.

The bowel cancer advert (I know is important advert to help people spot early signs what could be cancer) It has been the bowel cancer is currently my biggest fear even though I am 29, cannot not see any blood in poo or when wiping, I got asked how my times I go for a poo by doctor per week and he says its fine (as this has not changed.) eating well etc.

I do have IBS and been told by four doctors, this could be because I am under stress with being unemployed and maybe because I am still single. I have use the health worries I.B.S on this site and some of the things do match. However I go the doctors if I am worried been six times this year already (would have been more if we did not have all the bad weather)

footballking
27-03-13, 19:24
A week without googling symptoms, using NHS, cancer research and MacMillan websites etc. I thought I have cracked it for good but have slipped into bad habit of googling because my mum wanted to know the condition my mum work colleague has got.

Now something was on the news this evening about how likely someone develop cancer (DNA study)

I fear bowel cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penile cancer, breast cancer and brain cancer (and all the other organs of the body and type of cancer, disease etc there can be) no family history of what we know of any cancer, dad has high blood pressure at one point, but has gone back to nearly normal, but this is proabably because of his age, he smokes, drinks sensible, one of his past jobs could have given him high blood pressure.

With possible of maybe having one of my NF lumps removing soon (the doctors say it looks fine) but its bothering me.

Even though the doctors have done an adomnial ultrasound, blood test, urine test and found nothing worrying. Had my stomach/adomonial felt 4 times, rectal exam once.

The bowel cancer advert (I know is important advert to help people spot early signs what could be cancer) It has been the bowel cancer is currently my biggest fear even though I am 29, cannot not see any blood in poo or when wiping, I got asked how my times I go for a poo by doctor per week and he says its fine (as this has not changed.) eating well etc.

I do have IBS and been told by four doctors, this could be because I am under stress with being unemployed and maybe because I am still single. I have use the health worries I.B.S on this site and some of the things do match. However I go the doctors if I am worried been six times this year already (would have been more if we did not have all the bad weather)

Are you on medication? My GP has told me to take it, but I can't. too many side effects.

unsure_about_this
27-03-13, 19:44
I take fybogel (orange flavour) and IBS tablets. I not being given any other medication as the doctors at the practise can see on my records I fear cancer.

I do believe in past lifes and sure I was a doctor in a past life.

footballking
27-03-13, 19:50
I take fybogel (orange flavour) and IBS tablets. I not being given any other medication as the doctors at the practise can see on my records I fear cancer.

I do believe in past lifes and sure I was a doctor in a past life.

I too fear cancer, lot of moles: so you know what im afraid off. FML

unsure_about_this
27-03-13, 22:32
The habit of looking at my poo for about 30 minutes, colour, size etc. parents say what I am doing in the bathroom for so long.

I don't smoke or drink booze which are plus points, as for red meat I tend to avoid it where possible, doctor I saw last week says it does not matter if I don't eat much red meat. my weight is pretty good, a little bit underweight for my height, but have not loss any weight. My parents are still concerned about me as for the rest of the family. If only Dr google was not invented and possible the Internet (it would have than been medical books)

I also had worries about my heart and lungs.