PDA

View Full Version : New

Matilda1
27-03-13, 23:59
Hi .. recently joined the site. I'm from Australia and finally getting some cooler weather.
I've suffered from anxiety for many years. I take 75mg of Zoloft and that has settled the panic attacks, however I still have a terrible fear of taking any medication that I've never had before.
I think this started when a friend of mine had an anaphylactic reaction to antibiotics because ever since then I have been terrified of taking any new drugs. The dr even had to admit me to hospital for a few days to get me on Zoloft.
Nowadays if it's unavoidable I will go to the hospital cafe and take any medication that I've never had before and wait there for an hour or so to make sure it's not going to react. It's absolutely ridiculous but at least it saves all the worry.
I've posted in the colonoscopy forum as I'm having a problem with the drugs for the bowel prep, not so easy to leave the house I'm guessing and go to the hospital cafe after taking those ones.
Generally I'm fine though, I seemed to have conquered many of my fears, even the fear of flying and the absolute worst thing of all was the extreme panic attacks which are now under control.

Mark13
28-03-13, 00:18
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Annie0904
28-03-13, 00:22
Hi :welcome:

blue moon
28-03-13, 05:43
Hi Matilda...Welcome to the site,hope you enjoy.
Petra x:flowers: