PDA

View Full Version : hello, i need some advice. swollen lymph nodes/ neck soreness

REYARTS
28-03-13, 01:13
i am new so i would appreciate anybody willing to take their time and help me. i have had two what seem to be swollen or at least larger than normal lymph nodes one on the back of my neck to the right, below the ear lobe level, and one behind my left ear. i have had them for several years now and they do not hurt. i admit i do fiddle with them frequently at least once every other day. so i need advice on that.

also i have not really pain but soreness on the front of my neck where my glands and arteries are. sometimes i will feel throbbing from either side. the glands do not feel swollen. this has been happening for years. the earliest i remember this happening was when my friend told me about an episode of grey's anatomy where somebody's coroted artery bursted. that same day i felt throbbing in my neck and it made me have a panic attack. but the throbbing is inconsistent with my heartbeat. so im thinking i may have developed an over-sensitivity in those areas or something.

both of these have been causing me anxiety and on rare occasions panic attacks. to recap i believe the lymph nodes are because i mess with them and my neck is sore from me concentrating on it. but i want anybody's opinion and if it may be something more serious. thank you

blue moon
28-03-13, 05:41
Maybe see a doctor,have you had Glandular fever,it would not hurt to get a complete check up.
Petrax :flowers:

ellsonrose
19-02-14, 16:44
hello!
I have had the same thing, I've always been told that if you've had them for years and they do not change, chances are they're ok :) did you get ill a lot when you were younger? They could just have remained swollen from a childhood illness :)
swollen glands are common in people in their teens and throughout their 20's too, thats what I was told when I went to have an ultrasound on them- all turned out pretty normal, a bit beefy but otherwise healthy. I'd recommend having a chat with your GP to put your mind at ease if you haven't already done so.
x
:hugs: