PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline, Why does this happen?

strat61
28-03-13, 08:41
Good morning all,does anybody know the reason for one day being absolutely fine & back to your old self & then BOOM the next day back to anxiety & fear? I have been on Sertraline for 8 weeks & Propranalol for 2 weeks. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Red Flower
29-03-13, 21:52
I think it's normal recovery process. Unfortunatelly we can't be cured in 1 day or even in 1 week, or 1 month. We just steady getting better and better and know from my own experience how hard it is after good day feel anxious again. I'm on my 9th week on 50mg. First month I was writing in my diary how I felt each day and how I slept, ate and how was my mood (so it's easy to go back and notice your progress). Fisrt 3 weeks were very hard, then I noticed I had 2 bad days and nights then I slept very well and the next day was quite good, then again 2 bad days and 1 good. Then I started to have 5-6 good days and 1-2 bad days. First it scared me as I though I went back to my anxiety, and I was worried if medecine working for me. But now I have less and less bad days and they are not so bad as they were before. Nerves need time to recover. And also I think it's nice to have some other therapy along with medecine and try to find out cause of your anxiety and do something with it (CBT).
Sometimes I look at this bad days as a chalange in recovery and I try to manage my anxiety or just let it be and try to cope. It makes you stronger.
So good luck! And don't worry you will have lots of good days soon.