PDA

View Full Version : fishing anyone?..essex area

pete69
28-03-13, 09:12
havent fished for years-feel like this year im gonna get out more and feel the
wind on my face! if there is anyoneelse into fishing who is local to essex-maybe we can hit a few swims this year...:yesyes:

Jamesk
28-03-13, 09:54
Shame you are so far away, I lost my fishing pal 4 years back, very untimely as he was only in his 40s, but I have not be able to muster the enthusiasm to get out and fish without him.

steveo
28-03-13, 12:53
I echo James's statement in which I wish you weren't so far away! I used to thoroughly enjoy fishing but haven't been for years.

Fenrir
28-03-13, 13:36
I used to go fishing, always hated having to unhook the fish though, stressed me more than the fish.
Nice to sit in the sun waiting for the float to dip or not. :shrug:

pete69
30-03-13, 10:29
james sorry to hear of your loss-to young to die-and when you have a fishing buddy it makes it so much easier to get out and go...fenrir yes i also hated getting the hook out of its mouth-especially when it was a deep one and i had to get the disgorger? out and fuff about-all the pro anglers(everyones pro compared to me-SA i guess!) looking at you struggling. i sold all my gear a few years back but my bro has visited yesterday and has bought his old ger for me-he was my fish partner but since moving to sussex and getting into golf he no longer wants to stare at a float for 6+hours!

Bekzie
30-03-13, 10:33
I have always wanted to go fishing, like everyone else said its a shame you are so far away :)

pete69
31-03-13, 10:09
I have always wanted to go fishing, like everyone else said its a shame you are so far away :)
i didnt realise essex was the end of the world...seems it is thou-noone but me lives here!