PDA

View Full Version : Getting over a depressive episode

Rennie1989
28-03-13, 10:16
For the first time EVER I managed to get myself out of a depressive phase.

I felt it coming before the weekend, the usual feelings of 'I can't do this anymore', 'I'm worthless', 'Would it be better if I wasn't here' etc. Then it went to loss of appetite, sluggish, no motivation and just miserable. My fiancé noticed almost straight away, mainly because I sink into myself and talk very quietly and not often.

I really didn't want to do ANYTHING. I brought the duvet into the lounge, snuggled on the couch and watched TV/slept until I had to leave for work. On Monday I was really tempted to just call in sick but I knew I would be on my own all day, with my dark thoughts, work was the best place to be.

It wasn't easy. It was hard to carry on as normal. It was hard to take my medication, to eat, drink, even get out of bed! Going to work (even though I hate it) and just taking each day/hour as it comes whilst pushing myself to do housework, get dressed and work.

Despite working all weekend, battling the elements, knowing a relaxing day off is nowhere near in sight I got through it! Even better I have no decided what I want to do with my life: A Wedding Planner/Consultant!

Rennie1989
02-05-13, 19:27
No replies? My success story must be boring compared to the rest......

Spot-the-frog
02-05-13, 20:08
Well done Rennie! I am a believer in doing something however small, and no matter how hard it is, it is better to do one little thing rather than hide away under the duvet. Big pat on the back to you x

bernie1977
02-05-13, 20:23
Well done for fighting those feelings Rennie. You've shown real strength there as it would've have been quite easy to stay under that duvet when the blackness descends.

Sparkle1984
02-05-13, 20:29
Your story certainly isn't boring - you have done very well! :) I find your story inspirational. It's also good that you've decided on a career - I hope it works out for you. :)