PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin Withdrawl

JD23
28-03-13, 12:34
Hi guys, ive been taking pregabalin for a month and it has not been very effective. It has also caused a few side effects so i want to come off it. Does anyone know if i can just come straight off it as ive only been on it a month or do i still have to taper? Thanks

manwithnoname
28-03-13, 12:38
i think you need to speak to your doctor JD, you can phone your surgery and ask to speak to the doctor i am sure

spottitchsam
28-03-13, 13:22
Hi guys, ive been taking pregabalin for a month and it has not been very effective. It has also caused a few side effects so i want to come off it. Does anyone know if i can just come straight off it as ive only been on it a month or do i still have to taper? Thanks
hi JD ive been taking the pregabalin for a month now and apart from a little bit of dry mouth i now know that the pill has just started to work for me.im feeling quite happy apart from the pain in my feet which is due to my rheumatoid arthritis.im hoping by about june/july time i can start to reduce them.im taking 50mg which seems a low dose compared to some of the guys on here.what dose are you taking?.as for coming off them i think it would be better if you spoke to your gp.

JaneC
28-03-13, 14:28
Definitely speak to your doc. Pregabalin can cause withdrawal effects but after only a month you might be ok. Don't just suddenly stop taking it though.

Mark13
28-03-13, 21:09
As others say, your GP will be the best place for such advice.

I'm not aware of any major withdrawal effects of the drug, and as for tapering it may depend on the dosage you're on at the moment.

nomorepanic
28-03-13, 21:13
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.