PDA

View Full Version : Referred jaw pain

Freaked
28-03-13, 18:04
So I've been getting a lot of chest pain/tenderness, and recently I've started getting pain referred to my the front of my lower jaw and teeth. I always used to get this when I'd run, and presumably still would. I was checked out a bunch of times and they never found anything. I was checked out a lot for my weird palpitation stuff recently too and again they said I was okay. But no, this is definitely not a muscle/teeth grinding thing; it's the same pain I used to get with chest and shoulder pain when I'd run. 21 year old female with no diagnosed conditions.

What I'm wondering is if it could all be referred chest wall pain from agitated breathing? Has anyone else had this?

xtremx
28-03-13, 18:26
Hello Freaked

What you have said sound a lot like me I get chest pain/tenderness and also pain in my lower jaw and teeth only on the left side and also my left shoulder and down my arm.

When you google you get stuff you never want to see.

But one condition could be a cause to both and that is costochondritis (I suffer from this) and I have read a lot of people who have this condition also have jaw pain. Costochondritis is a benign condition.

I also say another possible reason for pain like this is poor posture as this can cause all kinds of problems.

But I have had all this for maybe 2 years now and still alive and kicking.

CharlieM
28-03-13, 18:50
Freaked,

What xtremx has said describes me perfectly. I am suffering as I type. My anxiety is all around my heart since my first panic attack about 6 months ago. All tests have been normal, so my doctor has said it is anxiety/panic.

My shoulder and neck is tense and I can even see by the way I hold myself. The worry is when it radiates into the chest, jaw and down my left arm. Scares the hell out of me, and hey presto - huge adrenalin rush and panic. Think I am having a heart-attack.

It is so real at the time that I struggle to be rational. After the feelings subside, I follow the CBT workbooks and can then convince myself that it is muscle related.

I need to know more about Costochondritis, as I have never heard of it.

Hang in there guys.

Charlie

Smatthew
02-04-13, 03:19
I've recently been getting the exact same thing. Had it for a couple of months DRs told me it was anxiety, I stopped smoking and it went away for 3 months. Then I read an article about someone who had similar symptoms and eventually passed on and the pain's been back every since, it's also started to get bad when I exercise.

I'm going to check into Costochondritis as well - thanks!

xtremx
02-04-13, 12:56
Freaked,

What xtremx has said describes me perfectly. I am suffering as I type. My anxiety is all around my heart since my first panic attack about 6 months ago. All tests have been normal, so my doctor has said it is anxiety/panic.

My shoulder and neck is tense and I can even see by the way I hold myself. The worry is when it radiates into the chest, jaw and down my left arm. Scares the hell out of me, and hey presto - huge adrenalin rush and panic. Think I am having a heart-attack.

It is so real at the time that I struggle to be rational. After the feelings subside, I follow the CBT workbooks and can then convince myself that it is muscle related.

I need to know more about Costochondritis, as I have never heard of it.

Hang in there guys.

Charlie

Hi hope freaked does not mind me replying on his thread.

I suffered from Costochondritis at the start and I suffered in pain for 6 months and I was in really bad pain it was scary. And after that I started getting HA about my heart and than Panic Attacks I honestly think it all started then.

Over 3 years on I still suffer from Costo I'm one of the unlucky ones that has it for a long period of time.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

I've recently been getting the exact same thing. Had it for a couple of months DRs told me it was anxiety, I stopped smoking and it went away for 3 months. Then I read an article about someone who had similar symptoms and eventually passed on and the pain's been back every since, it's also started to get bad when I exercise.

I'm going to check into Costochondritis as well - thanks!

Hi Smatthew.. Have you discussed this with your doctor.. Do you get chest pains as well.

As with all things it is ok looking up Costochondritis and other stuff but you need a Doctor to diagnosis not the internet or someone on a forum.