PDA

View Full Version : I went back the doctors regarding throat-UPDATE

reddevil
16-09-06, 19:11
UPDATE - 20th September 2006

Two weeks ago, I had a sore throat, which a doctor gave me two weeks of penicillin (2 twice a day).
The throat got better but I did came down with shingles in the duration of the antibiotics.
The antibiotics ran out on a Wednesday and was fine until Friday evening, when the sore throat re-appeared.

I went to the doctor yesterday as my sore throat has started again.
He gave me 10 more days of penicillin (2 four times a day).

I asked him if it's anything serious, and he said no (no signs of ulcers, tumors or cancer).
He then said they don't investigae the throat any further until an 8 week period.

As you can tell, I have been going through a very bad time at the moment and I'm trying not to google.

The throat is ok to swallow but it's a constand soreness throughout the day.

I'm beginning to think it is something serious and life threatening.

anxious
16-09-06, 22:21
You poor thing, shingles is supposed to be really painful. You sound run down to me. Try soothing things for your throat and try to relax, i am convinced anxiety can make your throat tense and sore. I have had a lot of health anxiety related to my mouth and throat.
Take comfort in doctors words - nothing nasty.
Some viruses etc can take a long time to settle and sometimes you never find a cause and they just go.
(((hugs)))
anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

matilda
17-09-06, 11:33
Hi Red you definately sound run down to me and probably have a virus which wouldn't respond to anti biotics anyway.

Drink lots of fluids and look after yourself!!!

Love Matilda

reddevil
17-09-06, 16:34
If I have a sweet in my mouth it's ok but as soonas the sweet has gone it's painfull and sucking sweets all day makes my mouth feel minty.

Can it be mouth C?

Red

saranadine
17-09-06, 21:29
Hi Red,

I am sorry that you are still feeling ill, I had a sore throat for 6 weeks after I had an operation in 2004, I was thinking all sorts, MRSA etc etc etc. Someone told me to have a spoonful of honey a few times a day, and my sore throat felt better in no time. Give it a try , it might work.

Take care

sara
xx

carly123
20-09-06, 11:52
Hi

I know it's slightly different but I rushed off down the docs the other week with a big(it really was big) lump on my tongue.
He said well it's definately not Cancer. I said 'how do you know?' (how rude!) and he said 'cos it always starts as looking like an ulcer'
So if yours said he can't see anything, it's not cancer.

There is so much going around at the moment ESPECIALLY VIRUSES which of course, will not be helped by antibiotics.

Try taking a multivitamin and some people say Echinaecia (think thats how its spelt) is good for boosting the immune system, although I haven't tried it cos it's too expensive.

Carly.

reddevil
20-09-06, 13:15
Is cancer always a lump etc.?

nomorepanic
20-09-06, 13:23
I get constant sore throats and had a swab done once and it turned out I had a rare throat infection.

If you had cancer there would be signs of it in the mouth as well and the doctor said there wasn't.

I have now had the current sore throat for about 6 weeks but refuse to go and see doc and take anti-biotics so I just try to ignore it.

Nicola

reddevil
20-09-06, 15:42
Thankx

I just wish he never said this 8 week thing, I would not of been worrying as much if he had not said that!

Red