PDA

View Full Version : tipped me over the edge! x

dusty41
28-03-13, 23:32
This this may just about tip me over the edge one way or another! Due to family tension ( argument with a family member which as been brewing for a few months now, all though she hasn't got the balls to face me herself she's gone through the mother in law) After a few horrid months with ,my HA flaring up I've just started to get back on track and began to feel better until today.

I'm trying so hard not to dwell upon what happened today but to be quite honest I could happily knock on her door and give her as few home truths, however she is heavily pregnant , see my dilemma. Now I've got this overwhelming energy and adrenaline Rush that I don't know how to get rid off! I've tried the breathing, soak in bath, etc, but its not working, I just know I'm gonna be awake half the night going over and over it in my mind and probably have symptoms rear their ugly head tomorrow

How do we get through life with out incidents/ events affecting us, and stressing us out. The `normal` person would just shrug it off and not let it affect them, but I'm not like this, especially when this argument involved upsetting my son!!

Any ideas would be helpful at this moment I feel Like a caged animal pacing up and down!!

Sorry for the rant feel a bit better for it though! C

cattia
29-03-13, 07:20
A counselor once suggested to me writing a letter to the other person which you're not going to send, saying all the things you want to say. It gets it all off your chest and makes you feel much better.

Magic
29-03-13, 11:48
Dusty41,
If you don't really like this person I would ignore the situation.
You will only make yourself worse. Carry on as though nothing has happend.
If you need to get things off your chest, then by all means write a letter.
I have an on going situation regarding my husbands family.
I have not been treated very well by them for years.
I try not to let it get to me, and carry on as best I can.
Am sending you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hanshan
29-03-13, 12:04
Some people, unfortunately, are toxic. Every encounter with them drains away our life energy, or leaves us in a worked-up state that takes hours to subside.

Fortunately, some people are life-affirming. Just a brief encounter with them can leave us full of drive and energy.

As much as you can, cut the toxic people out of your life, or limit your exposure to them. Don't feel bad about it - it's your life,not theirs.

(I might add - always try to be a life-affirming person to everyone you meet.)

dusty41
29-03-13, 15:58
Thank you for all your advice, I really appreciate it, I've had time to sit back analyze the situation and have decided that its ` not worth` getting worked up about it, its taken me a lot mentally to try and get well again, I'm not having something so petty as this to set me back!. So macig, I'm gonna take your advice and ignore the situation, I don't have very much interaction with this person as it is neither does my partner ( its his sister). So nothing lost !

You're so right hashan about certain people being toxic, I don't need them in my life, my life is hard enough at the moment as it is!

I m feeling better now thanks once again for all you're lovely comments and advice, feeling better now and not gonna let it ruin my easter weekend with MY little family.

Thanks for the hug magic right back at ya ! :) xx

Magic
30-03-13, 15:15
hanshan, what a good post,so true.:)

Good one dusty!! thanks:)