PDA

View Full Version : Upper abdominal burning and mid back

scaniajess
29-03-13, 11:05
Four times this year I have had horrific upper abdominal burning (not pain) which is also in my mid back. It only ever happens when im about to go to bed and the other night it lasted for 4 hours. I just don't know how to get comfortable as it's so bad. The strange thing is, the three times it's happened, I'd eaten chicken for tea. I know that's probably just a coincidence though as I've eaten chicken many times in between these attacks. I can't get in to see my doctor until next Tuesday and my anxiety is through the roof.

xCryonic
29-03-13, 12:57
Sounds like reflux (heartburn) to me.

fruity
29-03-13, 12:59
hello scaniajess. i,d say you have gallstones. if not then realy bad heartburn & indigeston.. but gallstones are at the top of the list

scaniajess
29-03-13, 15:19
Thanks both. I thought gallstones gave you pain though? My sister and dad have had theirs out and both had pain. If it is heartburn then MY GOD I wouldnt wish this on anyone!! I've been reading about ulcers which definitely sounds more like what I have. I cant wait to get to the doctors Tuesday :weep:

illgetthere
29-03-13, 15:28
I have a hiatus hernia and suffer acid reflux badly what you describe sounds like acid to me I get what you have said x

scaniajess
29-03-13, 15:38
Really? Is it only at night and a few hours after eating your last meal? How often do you get it?

illgetthere
29-03-13, 15:44
I don't have any let up from mine apart from when I'm sleeping I suffer the majority of the day the burning isn't nice at all I'm on pantaprazole 40mg plus peptac for after meals lets hope it stays to the odd occurrence gor you x

fruity
29-03-13, 21:17
Thanks both. I thought gallstones gave you pain though? My sister and dad have had theirs out and both had pain. If it is heartburn then MY GOD I wouldnt wish this on anyone!! I've been reading about ulcers which definitely sounds more like what I have. I cant wait to get to the doctors Tuesday :weep:
well don,t worry if it is an ulcer it can be treated with meds. have you been burping alot

scaniajess
30-03-13, 10:31
I have noticed I burp badly immediately after a meal but that's the only time :shrug: