PDA

View Full Version : not the finished article

maximus1975
29-03-13, 13:13
5 weeks ago i could not go for a walk outside my house without having to run home with my heart racing like crazy.
4 weeks ago i was put on venlafaxine and within 6 days or so i was doing a 5 mile walk in a competition on a golf coarse it took my family to drive me down there and literally push me out the car , aswell as going onto kitti and annie etc about wether i should go.
since than ive been gardening , shopping, using public transport , sitting in the golf bar with people drinking around me, playing snooker and started working in a charity shop.
im no where near where i want to be which is well with minimal tablets but people inc my gp say i spend to much time on this site i disagree , i do believe you can look to far into the meds your on and there are tons of negative posts on them, but i find people dont seem to post as often if there meds are working well so i have restricted myself to only readind positive stuff bout my meds.
this site has really helped me ive got to no some great people on here where you realise its not just u fighting against the world.
i hope i can continue to get better over the coming months, what a great site:D

panickyme
29-03-13, 13:18
Way-to-go!!!!!!! :) So happy for you. :hugs:

kittikat
29-03-13, 13:43
Max...you are a star!! You have done so well and I am really proud of you :hugs:

Long may it continue :yesyes: and you are a success story, looking back and writing it down you can see exactly how far you HAVE come!

I am always here if you need support. Kitti x

Annie0904
29-03-13, 14:05
Max, I can't tell you how much this means to me to see you thinking so positively now. Reading your post actually brought a tear to my eyes...I am so proud of you x

nicola1980
29-03-13, 16:24
Fantastic news max :D x x

bernie1977
29-03-13, 16:26
Brilliant to read a post like, it gives me hope. Well done you!!

BobbyDog
29-03-13, 17:06
Wonderful news Max, keep up the good work.

For anyone who is struggling to keep their head above water at the moment, your post is proof that it is possible to recover from crippling anxiety. Medication has obviously played a part in your recovery process, but your determination and positive mental attitude are major contributing factors.

sarah.x