PDA

View Full Version : I am surely going blind!!

clank
29-03-13, 13:41
Recently I noticed my visual snow has gotten super worse. If i cover one eye and look at a a wall, is covered in black flashing dots, so many that I can barely see the wall itself! Something is seriously wrong with me. My floaters increased, my flashing lights increased! I am paranoid that I have retinal detachment!

I've had floaters for a few months now, the black in my visual snow for about the same I think. I've been focused on retinal detachment for the past two days and now i swear I have it. I have flashing lights in my prefieral vision which is one of the symptoms. Sometimes it looks like i blinked, but i swear I didn't but then just brush it off as i blinked without knowing it.

The black flashing dots is only bad only when using one eye. If i stare at a wall theres so many a black spot forms for a second then fades and repeats ect. My right eye seems to be worse.

I don't know whats wrong with me, it say retinal detatchment happens over the age of 40 most likely, and im 24 years away from that still.

I seriously don't know whats wrong with me I need serious help:weep::weep:

xCryonic
29-03-13, 14:18
Do you have tense neck? (Anxiety tends to cause tension headache and tension neck)

Tension neck causes all kinds of symptoms like tinnitus, floaters, flashing lights etc. Also, is your blood pressure high?

If not, you might want to consult an doctor.

clank
29-03-13, 15:30
No i don't think i have either. Im probably dying but hey whats new, just wish i could have vision while im at it.

Lilharry
29-03-13, 21:01
When was the last time you had an eye test? I was convinced I was going blind a couple of months ago, so booked an appointment with my optometrist. Everything was fine, but it's a good idea to go once a year for check ups.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

PS - I have tons of floaters and I'm very senstive to light. Doesn't mean you're going blind though.

Eek
30-03-13, 03:48
probably worth getting an eye test if you haven't had one recently, but I have tons of floaters, always have as long as I can remember and my husband has an unusually large amount of floaters the optician commented on it and it even has a fancy name but is completely benign.