PDA

View Full Version : Prozac

Paul7
29-03-13, 15:41
Anybody got any positive feedback on Prozac fluoxetine. I am on the meds for OCD intrusive thoughts but feel like symptoms are worse after 2nd week. I have a great supportive family around me and a great CBT therapist but hate medication and also suffer from health anxiety. I have been diagonised by the priory in London with OCD but really struggling after 12 months of none stop symptoms so are trying meds my sleep has been massively affected on the meds and get horrible anxiety and panic attacks on waking up something I have never had can anyone help am on 20mg but told to up dose to 40mg

nomorepanic
29-03-13, 16:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Maddis mum
04-04-13, 00:51
Hi Paul, I saw my psych yesterday and she said to me for OCD the dosage is between 40 to 80. That only depression is really helped on 20. I'm currently on 40 for the last month. I am glad I increased. I feel lots better. Yes prozac does affect sleep. Can you ask for something to take at night until your body gets used to the prozac? Remember it takes a minimum of 6 weeks before it actually starts to work. My dr reminded me of this yesterday.

miss diagnosis
04-04-13, 10:24
Hi Paul

stick with it. it took me until week 8 to really feel better.I too found the symptoms worse in the first couple of weeks. But i can geniunly say now i feel much better and the stuff that used to send me into a tizzy doesnt bother me anymore.

You will find the threads on here very useful as people at different stages post how they are feeling.

Tessar
04-04-13, 11:17
I take fluoxetine & have been ok on it for a long time. Been on & off it depending on time of year etc etc. I'd stick with it as after a few weeks it does improve.