PDA

View Full Version : hyporglacemia

lorraine
29-03-13, 20:25
hi

Has anybody else got this condition called hyporglacemia (not sure about spelling) Wondered what their symtoms were.

For quite a few years now and again out of the blue i come over lethagic then shake and feel werid i drink a fresh orange or have a chocolate bar and the symtoms go away. I had my blood sugars done about 5 months ago all ok.

My son also suffers with this and again his symtoms go when he does the above.

I look this up on the google and it said it could be pancreas cancer, and other disorders.

I have had a couple of these attacks in the last week. Both days i did not eat much and was rushing around like a maniac.

Lorraine

PanchoGoz
29-03-13, 20:29
It's important to know if this is hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. The former is lack of sgar in the blood, the latter is too much. They have slightly different symptoms.

lorraine
29-03-13, 21:55
hi

its definately the hyporglacemia. I am not a diebetic (sorry spelling).

Lorraine

nomorepanic
29-03-13, 22:15
Lorraine - look into low GI diet and that will help things

Tish
30-03-13, 14:49
It's protien you need to be eating, several times a day to keep blood sugar level on an even keel. I'm 55 and have suffered for years. Peanut M&M's are good to carry for emergencies and make sure you eat meat, fish, eggs or cheese with every meal. See what works for you. for instance, it's said that porridge oats for breakfast will keep you going through the morning but they don't work for me. I need protien and to eat every 3-4hrs or I feel ill and can't function.

lorraine
01-04-13, 14:41
hi

thankyou for replies they have been helpful.

Lorraine