PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

Sephipops
30-03-13, 01:20
Hi,

Just want to start of with Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
I wrote a lovely post introducing myself and then my tablet ran out of juice :mad:

Anyway, my name is Trish and I'm 23. Been on citalopram for nearly a year now and just had my dose doubled (again) There was a time when I could see my light at the end of the tunnel, but recently it seems to have some technical issues and keeps flickering. Which is why my dose has been doubled again I guess... :blush:

Anyway, this is a hello post, so I shall keep all the depressing stuff out of here, because I should be a happy person, which is what most people seems as! :D

Sooooo, HI!!!:yesyes:

Mark13
30-03-13, 01:31
Glad to have you with us Trish.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

rosiee
30-03-13, 01:33
:welcome:

I am also new :) There is nothing worse than when you have almost completed something and then the machine decides enough is enough! Sorry to hear you have had to up your dosage, hopefully in a few months ( or even sooner!) you will feel much better in yourself and able to reduce your dose :)

I like the saying to appreciate the good times, you must go through the bad times!

:)

ricardo
30-03-13, 06:31
Welcome to NMP Trish the best site for fellow sufferers :)

Granny Primark
30-03-13, 08:23
A big welcome from me:hugs:
Hope you find this site as helpful as I have.

Bekzie
30-03-13, 10:30
:welcome: to nmp :)

Tufty
30-03-13, 10:45
Hello Trish
Ah that sound all to familiar - loosing the post you'd written but also thinking you have to always be the happy person everyone else sees you as - I think there's lots of us on here that fit into that group, you're not alone.
Sam

Sephipops
30-03-13, 19:21
I work in a customer facing job (with bonus, rather than commission) so I am always in the "happy, bubbly mode" no matter what my actual mood is. The thing you do to afford to live, eh? Thankfully my Manager is really supportive, and has just come off citalopram himself.
I'm glad I found this forum actually, having read the Citalopram Survival Guide I have decided that this light at the end of the tunnel isn't going to magically fix itself I am going to have to get a ladder and run to the end of the tunnel and fix a new lightbulb in myself. I'm not very good at climbing ladders, but you guys will be here pushing me up, right?

heater87
31-03-13, 07:06
I know how you feel!

I work at a petstore and I am always putting on my smile and happy personality.
Its hard to talk to someone about feeling stressed when you seem so calm and together at work.

Ben

Sephipops
31-03-13, 16:19
That's the true killer. In my previous job (which caused my issues) no one seemed to understand when I got signed off, and when I went in to hand in my sick notes they were shocked that I wasn't out doing things on my 'holiday', when in reality I was incredibly proud of myself for, say, getting out of bed and doing the washing up.

It is nice having a Manager than can see through my act and turn round to me and say, 'Trish, what's wrong, I can see you're not happy'... sometimes, I would prefer to pretend that nothing is wrong, but that doesn't help get better does it?

Tufty
31-03-13, 16:33
I have decided that this light at the end of the tunnel isn't going to magically fix itself I am going to have to get a ladder and run to the end of the tunnel and fix a new lightbulb in myself. I'm not very good at climbing ladders, but you guys will be here pushing me up, right?

Absolutely right behind you Trish and you may be asked to fix some lightbulbs for others on here too!

I too work with the public and have to put on my professional 'happy' face and this actually helps me forget my problems and how I'm feeling sometimes although it is exhausting when you feel crap. Thank goodness you have a good manager, it can make the very hard job of recovery alittle easier. Are you signed off work at the moment?
Sam

Sephipops
31-03-13, 19:01
Absolutely right behind you Trish and you may be asked to fix some lightbulbs for others on here too!

I too work with the public and have to put on my professional 'happy' face and this actually helps me forget my problems and how I'm feeling sometimes although it is exhausting when you feel crap. Thank goodness you have a good manager, it can make the very hard job of recovery alittle easier. Are you signed off work at the moment?
Sam
No, I've not been off since last March/April. I went back part time May and managed to get back full time the end of June. I then found a new job and it's only a part time job, which is really useful. It means that if I'm having a bad week I can opt out of my overtime and I know my shift is only 5 hours then I can get home. And, plus, I don't have to worry about work I have to do the next day in the office - I come home and can flop with wine.

All of my problems were triggered by my previous job. I always struggled, had my blips, tried to drop out of uni many times, but just about kept going (mostly thanks to j). When I went to my last job I was mostly in denial of my problems and it took a lot before I went to the doctors about it.

(I mostly have depression, but I have various issues with panic which then triggers the depression, which then I panic about and its a huge vicious cycle...)

mrsnobody
31-03-13, 19:24
hello trish. welcome to the site