PDA

View Full Version : Slight Murmur

looking4answers
17-09-06, 08:31
Ok,,,,Got questions for any of you that have been told by your doctor if you have a "slight murmur" .I have been posting about a pulsating in my ears and found that for the most part this is suppose to be because of clogged tubes in the ears...But although I havent been yet to the ent for treatment of the ear problem my doctor told me when she did an exam on me that I had a slight murmur..Well Its funny because when its quiet and I can hear my pulse pounding I can hear the murmur.I have never been told that I had one although I may have always had one..but before I bit the bullet and went to the doctor I heard what I thought to be a murmur before I went there and just said to myself ..nah its just the way im standing or something ,but I was right...I had a murmur...also I ask her is I should have test or an ekg and she said there was nothing to test..it was only a slight murmur and that she even had murmurs..It gives me the creeps having this thing in my ear..Its bad enough to hear my pulse around the clock but to hear he murmur makes me anxious and worried that maybe she didn't hear it at its worse.Although she has said that when my PTSD disapears...Post tramatic stress ...for everyone that doesn't know ..she said that hearing the pulse would stop.She didn't express the least concern about the murmur and said that she wouldn't worry about it..There are so many things I want to get out and do but afraid that Ill make my murmur worse and cause myself to have a problem..so im unsure of what to feel...Should I or shouldn't I ? It says everywhere I have read that exercise is always great for even cornary artery disease and heart problems..but still ...this really worries me because although I was diagnosed with tachocardia years ago..I was never told that I had a murmur..If you know or feel its safe to do as I normally do please give me a clue...Im really getting anxious about the whole murmur thing

Piglet
17-09-06, 10:56
I too have a slight murmur. This showed up 17 years ago when I was pregnant. I didn't have anxiety then so can't say I thought about it one way or the other and just got on doing what I wanted to do, including having more children (that's quite good exercise by the way ;))!!

The only thing that stops me exercising these days is feeling in a lazy mood and a tube of Pringles!!!:D:D:D:D

Having a murmur is very common indeed and based on what your doctor has said I should put this particular worry to bed!!

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

**whenwillthisend**
18-09-06, 11:46
i too have a slight heart murmur...a cardiologist picked it up a few months ago....dont know if i had it before anxiety-no other doctor has mentioned it-some days it does bother me, others i forget about it-it is harmless aparently-so we shouldnt worry!...easier said than done -i know........