PDA

View Full Version : Visual disturbances/lack of concentration on sertraline?

Emphyrio
30-03-13, 18:01
Hello,

I'm 9 days into taking 25mg of sertraline. Over the past 2 or 3 days I've found that my vision has been increasingly funny - its kind of like I struggle to focus and everything seems slightly blurred. I'm also finding it really difficult to focus on my studies :(

Is this normal for sertraline and how long will it take to pass?

Thanks,

Emphyrio

LucyR
30-03-13, 18:44
Hi, I am not too sure on this one, but 25mg is a very low dose to be on. Could the blurred vision be caused by anything else, ie do you wear glasses they can fog up and give you the impression of everything being blurred.

Emphyrio
01-04-13, 13:07
Hi Lucy,

No I don't think the visual disturbances are linked to anything else. I know its a fairly small dose but I seem to be pretty sensitive to meds. I'm supposed to take 50mg/day but I don't think that I can go up at the minute as I'm having such a bad reaction to 25...

Emphyrio
07-04-13, 16:31
I've taken it for 18 days and still have these side effects :(

How long should side effects last for? Did any side effects (not just visual ones) persist for months or even indefinitely after you started taking it?

At least my libido/sexual functioning still isn't too badly effected (getting 'morning wood' still)

Dazza123
07-04-13, 19:41
Im having trouble focusing and only been on them 2 days, maybe its your brain trying to catch up with your eyes, since its having an effect on the brain.

I have no interest in sex at the moment, but Im sure that will change pretty soon, or at least it better had :mad:

Emphyrio
08-04-13, 00:50
I hope so, aside from the visual issues the side effects have been pretty bearable - not too much anxiety and the spell where I felt hopeless has passed.

Emphyrio
22-04-13, 14:49
I still have the visual disturbances :( Does anyone know whether its normal to still have side effects at 4.5 weeks? I seem to be responding to a low dose so don't want to give up on the sert just yet, but the side effects are preventing me from getting on with studies...

Laheed
23-04-13, 18:43
How bad is it. I mean I have a kind of vague glassy eyed feeling at times, but I can normally concentrate through it with great effort. And it's only intermittent....

I'm on 50mg, week 6 by the way. But I was still getting quite pronounced side effects until well into week 4/5.