PDA

View Full Version : My health worries are going too far

unsure_about_this
30-03-13, 19:23
Sorry for going on like a broken CD.

I know for my age 29 cancer is rare. I have worried for the last 13 months and it needs to stop now. I been told I have IBS.

I can have all the tests done and nothing may be found but I will still worry. I am eating well not lost weight etc. The adverts fuels me with anxiety.

Since February 2012 walking home in the snow, where I had leg pain my parents took me to walk in centre and also booked me an appointment with my GP practise.

I went for physio and she said something about my back was slightly curved because of the condition I have but neither could feel any lumps or swellings around the joints. (we do have arthisis on my Mum's side of the family, not sure about my Dad's side) I worry about every single pain and symptom I get (I may have a lot of tension which needs to be got rid off)

After February to June things went okay (I was relax in August) than one day in newspaper talking about a cancer how to spot possible signs, full blown panic has followed. It has also got onto the fear of heart attacks, lung disease etc. I am sure the blood test, I have had would have shown if something was not right.

Its everywhere cancer charities also sent me into anxiety I know these charties are important, the advert of MacMillan have many people get told they have cancer each day does worry me. Even the Cancer Research race for life advert does not affect my anxiety at the moment.

I have once and again tried to stay away from Googling symptoms and using Bupa, MacMillan, Cancer Research and other websites with conditions as it gets too confusing listing symptoms (to date I have worried about at least 200 cancers types and conditions.)

I have counted how many times I been to the doctors since last February about 20 times

illgetthere
30-03-13, 20:36
I wanted to reply to you when I read it the title more then anything I worry to much about cancer I think alot about it and its totally mind consuming its bad and I've been to the doctors alot more then that I been about 7 times this year already it horrible every ache or pain I think it's gotta be it and if its not on that its my heart but my father has had 3 heart attacks suffers angina and has heart disease my mother had a stroke last year has high colestral high blood pressure and irregular heart rhythm so as you can imagine my fears are pretty bad with my heart mad how health anxiety sets its stalls up x