PDA

View Full Version : Night time is a nightmare

Jayne123
30-03-13, 20:37
So I've been suffering with panic attacks for a couple of months now. And it seems to be getting better.
But just before I go to bed I have sudden thoughts like 'what if I got up in the night and took an overdose or stabbed myself without knowing' I panic myself so much I stay awake until my body is forced to go to sleep.
Has anybody else experienced this?
It's a constant worry and I'm scared I'm going to do something stupid whilst sleep walking or something

Anxious_gal
30-03-13, 23:04
Sounds like intrusive thoughts or pure OCD.
Pretty comon with anxiety

LauraJF
30-03-13, 23:18
Yes, I've had similar thoughts and they do go away eventually. Don't worry, you won't act on these thoughts. Check out the CBT 4 Panic that was offered here for free. There's an ebook called Obsessional Thoughts that you might find helpful.

Laura

So I've been suffering with panic attacks for a couple of months now. And it seems to be getting better.
But just before I go to bed I have sudden thoughts like 'what if I got up in the night and took an overdose or stabbed myself without knowing' I panic myself so much I stay awake until my body is forced to go to sleep.
Has anybody else experienced this?
It's a constant worry and I'm scared I'm going to do something stupid whilst sleep walking or something

honeyp1e
02-04-13, 02:13
I hate night time (like now its 2am) i cant sleep as my mind wont shut up and ive got that horrible anxioys "something gonna happen feeling

chicaplatense1
05-04-13, 01:54
[QUOTE=Jayne123;1141374].
But just before I go to bed I have sudden thoughts like 'what if I got up in the night and took an overdose or stabbed myself without knowing'

Yes Jayne, I had those same exact thoughts. My Psychologist explained to me that when you are really Anxious your mind will get a hold of any scary thoughts that cross your mind and then they will stick. I had those fears 2 years ago. At the time I really freaked out and went on Anti-Depressants, which really helped me with the intrusive thoughts and graffic images that seemed to come out of nowhere. I thought for sure I was going crazy, but it was just really bad Anxiety.
I am now relapsing and while I fear self harm it is not as severe this time around and I don't have the crazy images in my head. I know exactly how you feel. It will pass though. If you continue to struggle and feel like you are having a hard time coping you can always ask for some medication. :hugs: