PDA

View Full Version : Undercover Panic-er

heater87
31-03-13, 07:03
Hi , brand new here.

My name is Ben and I saw this site when I was on google.

I feel like I kind of lead 2 lives. I have some debt , am struggling with classes in my final year at college and tend to keep my feelings to myself.

If I am not constantly at school or work, I tend to drown out my feelings by distracting myself all the time.

I am constantly nervous and afraid of what might happen. I am constantly terrified that I might not make it out of school , or ever payoff my debt, or find a job.

But nobody knows about it.

I hide it extremely well and keep it all a secret.

Hoping someone on here relates. I could really use a hand.

thanks,

Ben

rosiee
31-03-13, 08:36
Hi Ben

I feel like I can relate to you. I am currently doing a course which is costing me £1250 each term, I think that I will never be able to pay this of in the future and it is constantly at the back of mind.

I worry about things that have not happened and most of the time probably never will from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep!

People know I suffer from anxiety ect... but they do not know the extent of it and I feel as I have to put on an 'act' when around certain people to hide things or worrys going through my mind.

The best advice I can give is keeping yourself busy and (try) to ignore these thoughts. I know its very hard to do but I think the only people who can really help as are ourselves as nobody knows us better.

It may even help opening up to a close family member or friend? as you will find that even for people who don't seem to have any worrys or problems in their lives, they usually have horrible thoughts about the future as well.

Feel free to private message me if you need to talk about anything :)

hanshan
31-03-13, 12:27
Hi Ben,

I can relate, because it's how I felt when studying. All those issues do resolve eventually.

All those confident looking students around you secretly have similar fears and worries - it's just that everyone keeps it to themself.

venusbluejeans
31-03-13, 12:38
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bekzie
31-03-13, 12:58
Hi Ben :welcome:

Mark13
01-04-13, 16:51
Hi Ben. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.