PDA

View Full Version : just been diagnosed

bshadar
31-03-13, 09:15
Hi everyone... I have just been diagnosed with Anxiety after suffering a full blown attack (totally out of the blue) last week at work. The first couple of days after the attack I spent most of my days in bed not knowing why I felt like I did. I have really aching arms/legs, my head feels tight and I have tingling in my lips constantly. My GP has put me on medication but I know it will take time to kick in... I am usually such a strong person but this has floored me and I feel as though I constantly have symptoms and I don't want to eat but know I have to. Reading through the forum I feel hopeful x

Pinktel
31-03-13, 09:22
Welcome to the forum you will find loads of help and support here. Have you been offered any actual therapy for your anxiety or just been told to take meds? Would strongly advise you to ask for cbt or therapy of some sort to work out how you move forwards with your anxiety, not just masking it with meds. Check out the link in my signature as one possibility.

bshadar
31-03-13, 09:29
Thanks. I have just been given meds but am going to go back... Thanks for the link x

hanshan
31-03-13, 11:57
Hi bshadar,

Anxiety can strike anyone, no matter how strong they are. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

You don't mention which medication you've been prescribed. This information will help you get feedback from NMP posters who have taken the same medication.

Bekzie
31-03-13, 12:03
Hi Bshadar,
You will find lots of help and support here, the titles on the left side of the page are brilliant full of info on coping and different things you can try.
Reading through threads is also a great way to get info from peoples experiences :)
You are not alone in this :hugs:

bshadar
31-03-13, 15:31
I have been put on 10mg citalopram.... Not sure if this is adding to some of the flutters I am having. I felt good yesterday apart from a panic attack in tescos which I coped with as I really just wanted to walk back out of the shop and go home. Today I feel all achy and tingly x