PDA

View Full Version : Pink mark on breast

jaynehal
31-03-13, 13:16
Hi there

Not been on here for a while really hoping you can help me!

I have a pink patch on my breast at the top about the size of a five pence it looks a bit like eczema but I'm really worried its breast cancer I feel sick with worry I've had it about two weeks now and went to my docs last Thursday she gave me some steroid cream and checked my bust and said it should clear but to go back in two weeks?? Why??

Also I'm getting obsessed with applying the cream which she said only use twice a day and putting it on like 8 times a day it's now burninog slightly, do you think it's the cream burning it??

Anyone else had a pink patch on breat I am desperate

Thanks

Jayne xx

swgrl09
31-03-13, 13:28
She probably said to go back in two weeks because if it's not gone, she'd give you something else to try. I definitely think that it is the cream burning you. Try not to overdo it.

I have had pink patches all over my skin ... I am very fair skinned so everything shows up. I have run to the dermo many times with something he didn't think anything of. Your doc would know if it was something worth worrying about :hugs:

jaynehal
31-03-13, 13:35
Thanks for your kind words just feel very alone today and extremely worried hopefully it will go xx

Munchlet
31-03-13, 15:18
Hi

I'm always getting lots of dry pink patches on my breasts but I have really sensitive skin, I've had Hydrocortesone before but it doesn't work and neither do the other eczema creams. The only thing that works for me is Lanacane.

Try not to worry I agree that she has probably only told you to go back to try something else, when my son had eczema we had to go back few times before we found anything that worked.

I can understand why you are worried I worried myself sick when I first started getting them and went to the doctors They said they only worry if there is a lump underneath or it's the nipple thats scaly/eczema looking.

I'm sure it's just a patch of eczema or dry skin which will clear up.

take care x

jaynehal
31-03-13, 15:33
thank you so much, I am going out my mind today, just been driving round trying to find a chemist which is open, but its Easter Sunday and there all closed :weep: The cream she gave is taking some redness out of it but I think its going more scaly and dry:weep: I will try that cream you advised and thanks again for the reply I hope it goes, how long would you say it could take? xx

Coppernob
31-03-13, 15:36
I have posted quite a bit about a similar thing in the last few days, so was quite pleased to see your post! I had a reddish circle which appeared just off to the side of my breast under my arm about 10 months ago, but didn't worry too much as I didn't think it was really on my breast. It faded to about a half circle and stayed there, then a couple of weeks or so ago it appeared to spread towards my breast in a different shape. I went to the doc's and he examined me and told me the same as your doc told you, said it was eczema and gave me some steroid cream, but it doesn't itch or anything so I don't think it's eczema.

I felt great for a day then the doubts crept in and I've been feeling like you - but it's not a good idea to put steroid cream on more than once a day - it can thin the skin and is not good for you in large quantities.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

jaynehal
31-03-13, 15:44
thanks glad I'm not on my own with this and I am going to try the cream which the other lady suggested as the cream my doc prescribed is burning, think I've over done it trying to get rid of it ha ha, my doc said she would have been more worried if this was near my nipple which has not helped at all as all im doing is checking my boobs all day, hope it goes quick before I have a break down today, cant speak to my partner he thinks im mental, hope you get sorted as well, its horrible worrying all the time xx

Munchlet
31-03-13, 23:09
Hi Jaynehal It takes a few days but I usually have some improvement after a couple of applications, don't know what is in it but it works and you can buy it off the counter in any supermarket you dont need a chemist, it is just for skin conditions.

Hope this works x

Lilharry
31-03-13, 23:26
I find that the patches of eczema I get are usually caused by something irritating the skin, so it could be something you are wearing or applying to your skin. Could be the soap you use too.

Coppernob
01-04-13, 10:21
I think the doctors really don't have much idea what strange marks on the skin are, and the first thing to come to mind is eczema, so they start there.

Trouble is we ladies worry especially if these things appear on the breast because we are inundated in the media about 'checking for anything new or different' on the breast. It's very difficult to know from an amateur point of view if anything should be taken seriously, but I am sure a doctor will know straight away if it needs to be taken seriously, even if he or she doesn't actually know what it is. That's what I'm telling myself to try to get myself out of my present panic.

There are, however, always people who want to tell you a horror story, I made the mistake of posting a joky message along the lines of 'Dr Google will see you now' on the 'chat' section of a travel forum I belong to after I'd been given the all-clear from my breast scare on Thursday - only to have three online 'friends' telling me how they had saved their lives/health by self-diagnosing on Google! However, their problems were all pretty rare!

Breast problems aren't rare and you have to trust your GP to spot the warning signs, they will have lots of experience in that field. I am now panicking because, although I'm not worrying so much about the original marks I went to the surgery with, I've noticed a larger slightly pink area on the same breast - but there are also similar areas down the inside of my arm, so it must be a skin thing. And all that was there when the doc examined by breasts and armpits on Thursday, and he didn't remark on any of it, so it clearly is of no consequence. It doesn't hurt and it doesn't itch - so why worry?

But the good old sub-conscious does dreadful things and when I wake early in the morning everything comes crowding into my mind and I get very scared. Thinking of all the other good folk on this wonderful forum who are also panicking about health things actually helps me! We can't all have something serious - in fact the likelihood is that hardly any of us do!

Pink breast marks seem to be quite the fashion right now! :D

jaynehal
01-04-13, 10:31
I know I shouldn't worry as I know my doc didn't seem overly worried but I do, i'm a nuisance ha ha bet my docs are well and truly fed up with me because I always google and work myself up into a frenzy, the marks look slightly paler today so hoping they will go soon, thanks for your reply its nice to speak to people who are like me as know one really understands how bad I feel when my HA kicks in xx

Coppernob
01-04-13, 10:37
I saw a Counsellor at the surgery for a while end of last year beginning of this, and at one session she commented on 'how much surgery time' I had taken up because of my anxiety! She made me feel really guilty! But our anxieties are very real to us and are a mental health problem that needs to be dealt with. Thankfully I don't see her any more - she decided she couldn't help me and had patients who 'REALLY' needed her!

Some people, honestly ... I'm better off without her!

Munchlet
01-04-13, 11:12
Jaynehal I know what you mean, but luckily most doctors understand that whilst we do need the constant reassurance they realise HA is an illness and to us we are convinced that something sinister is going on. My doctor has said on more than one occasion that he'd like to ban google as it's very dangerous for people to search their symptoms as it will always present with the horror stories and not the other 101 common things it is far more likely to be!

Coppernob that counsellor sounds awful glad you aren't seeing her anymore, she sounds like she would really tip someone with HA over the edge. I honestly do wonder why people like her do the job, she certainly doesn't seem to have much of a caring understanding nature. I have tried counselling a couple of times and luckily both the ladies I saw were really lovely. I'm actually thinking of going to see one again as my work cover counselling and we can have 6 sessions free a year, when I had my rabies scare earlier in the year (which I now think was completely bonkers!) she was fantastic and really helped. There's a lot to be said for having people listen and not judge, that's why I like this group so much.:D

jaynehal
01-04-13, 11:56
Thanks guys its good to chat hope your anxiety isn't too bad today xx