PDA

View Full Version : Neurofibromatosis

unsure_about_this
31-03-13, 18:22
Another worry, unsure whether to do a thread about this. I did not want to increased other people HA just in case fear of their might have got NF.

Even though I was diagnosed with it at 4 (NF type 1), since we got a nurse in the family, now we have three nurses

My mum also has it, but was diagnosed with it at a much later age. I may have one of my lumps removing in a few months time, even the doctor says it does not a lump which is a concerned, it is a concern for me where is it.

I have never been told much about it by my parents and my doctors because when I was younger it would probably worry me, these days it would certainly worry me.

I cannot do anything about my NF apart from having my lumps removing if needed and just have regularly checkups, just wish there was a cure.

I do have to have brain scans every 5-10 years now to make sure everything is fine, unless I need to have one before this. I have not had MRI scan elsewhere apart from my brain. My mum needed one about 15 years ago to have one of her lumps removed from her skin.

I should not be reading google about NF and should really be talking to my doctors as I have done with my other worries, after reading something last year about NF on the Internet, it goes with my bowel cancer fears, skin cancer fear, pancreatic cancer fear and lung cancer fear etc.

The ultrasound would have picked up something last year when I was having adomonial pains (with my bowel cancer fear) but I did mention to the doctor about NF as a reminder to the doctor even though it in my notes. Nothing worrying was found in the ultrasound.

mrsnobody
31-03-13, 18:48
iam sorry you are going through a worrying time. iam sorry i dont know what nf is etc but i hope you feel better soon

Annie0904
31-03-13, 18:59
I know someone with this same condition, she is in her 20's now and quite confident about her condition. There is a website that may be able to help you with any of your concerns
http://www.nfauk.org/

unsure_about_this
31-03-13, 19:52
I know someone with this same condition, she is in her 20's now and quite confident about her condition. There is a website that may be able to help you with any of your concerns
http://www.nfauk.org/

Many thanks for the link and to Mrsnobody

JustAskNF
31-03-13, 23:52
If you have NF, you should really check this guy out. He has a severe case of NF 1, and is one of the happiest, most uplifting people I've ever known. reggiebibbs.com