PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

footballking
01-04-13, 00:12
I've took 4mg and don't feel too good. Having trouble breathing.

kittikat
01-04-13, 00:34
Have you taken Diaz before? It is usually quite a gentle drug , I have been on it for sometime and take 8mg a day...reduced from 15mg a day which was my highest dose. Are you tuning in on your anxiety? Try and relax, if you are worried call NHS direct there is a new number if you feel you need medical help fast but it's not an emergency the number is 111 but 4mg would be considered quite a low dose of diazepam. I am around if you need any reassurance, feel free to respond here or PM me. Kitti :)

nomorepanic
01-04-13, 00:36
I think 4mg is high if you have never had it before.

I used to take 1mg and that was enough for me!

nomorepanic
01-04-13, 00:36
They have shut the 111 service down as far as I know as well

kittikat
01-04-13, 00:39
I was given the leaflet and a card by my pharmacist only 3 weeks ago Nic...I have never used it before...but they said it was a 'new free service'?

footballking
01-04-13, 00:41
Yep, i don't think I deal well with these drugs, i've took it once before but only 2mg. It's weird. It just makes me irritatable.

nomorepanic
01-04-13, 00:47
Kitti - they have had terrible problems with it - it was on the news last week.

Football - if it has badly affected your breathing then you may need to see someone.

kittikat
01-04-13, 00:54
Thanks Nic...I didn't know that.

Football, as Nicola says if you are really worried call emergency GP for advice.

nomorepanic
01-04-13, 00:57
They have suspended it for now but it will come back I am sure Kitti

footballking
01-04-13, 01:03
I'm just going to wait it out. I'm sure I'l be fine.

kittikat
01-04-13, 01:08
Just heard on the 1am news that the new 111 service is being launched today but has been criticized for not being able to handle the voulme of calls during the trial period...

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

I'm just going to wait it out. I'm sure I'l be fine.

I hope so football...take care ok.

nomorepanic
01-04-13, 01:13
Yeah people were left waiting for hours for a call back or just told to go to A&E lol

Lainie1
01-04-13, 01:14
Hi...sorry you're not feeling so go taking the diazepam. For most it's a calming drug but we're all different I suppose, what suites one dosn't suit someone else. Myself I've found it helpful, although it can be addictive.
Lainie x

Arnie365
01-04-13, 13:49
Hi football, how are you feeling today? As others have said we are all different. I've been prescribed 5mg for emergencies but find it does nothing, not even take the edge off. So I took 7.5mg last night whilst watching tv and was asleep in 20mins so that was a bit too much for me.

footballking
01-04-13, 14:32
Hi football, how are you feeling today? As others have said we are all different. I've been prescribed 5mg for emergencies but find it does nothing, not even take the edge off. So I took 7.5mg last night whilst watching tv and was asleep in 20mins so that was a bit too much for me.

Don't think it did much to me. Couldn't even sleep.

almamatters
01-04-13, 19:30
I used to take 2mg on an as needed basis and it used to send me straight to sleep, but hated the numb feeling it gave me. How are you feeling footballking?

ruthless
01-04-13, 20:20
111 will come back. I work for NHS Direct which will soon be 111

footballking
01-04-13, 20:28
I used to take 2mg on an as needed basis and it used to send me straight to sleep, but hated the numb feeling it gave me. How are you feeling footballking?

Not too bad. I agree with you. It just makes me numb. The first time I took it, I didn't think much of it, and it had this calming effect. Now, I don't think it does much.

almamatters
01-04-13, 20:54
The effects did wear off with me after a while as well, the calming effect anyway but the numb feeling carried on and I just did not like feeling like that. Glad you are feeling a bit better.