PDA

View Full Version : Medication for panic and agoraphobia

Bonnibelle
01-04-13, 18:19
D any of you take medication for agoraphobia and anxiety, if so what do you take?

I'm allergic to citalopram so my GP tried me on Dosulepin at Christmas which is an older anti d but I'd take it before 9 years back and been fine. This time thought I suffered tachycardia one night 6 weeks into taking it, which was devastating as I was getting out of the house again and my anxiety was so much better, I felt relaxed.

I've been left in limbo, no help offered other than beta blockers which I've refused. Not able to have CBT as huge waiting list so told to cope alone, ie had to go I private.

I'm struggling again and not sure what to do, I see my GP a week today.

telegram
02-04-13, 11:25
Can't really offer much practical advice, but I can certainly offer sympathy. I've just been switched to mirtazapine from sertraline, and things are pretty rough (I also have trouble being around people, especially when eating which is becoming impossible). I've basically been told I have to go private for counselling too. All I can say is we're in the same boat, lets just hope we all weather the storm. I really hope things pick up for you.

Bonnibelle
02-04-13, 11:50
I hope things get better for you too, its an awful place to be x
Can't really offer much practical advice, but I can certainly offer sympathy. I've just been switched to mirtazapine from sertraline, and things are pretty rough (I also have trouble being around people, especially when eating which is becoming impossible). I've basically been told I have to go private for counselling too. All I can say is we're in the same boat, lets just hope we all weather the storm. I really hope things pick up for you.