PDA

View Full Version : existential anxiety

danivsdani
01-04-13, 18:36
I was just wondering if existential anxiety is something that is gonna stick around like my fear of death. most stuff I worry about comes and goes but this existential stuff seems to be something that i'm gonna have to deal with for a long time if not the rest of my life. it's been over a month and the stuff pops up every now and then and it is awful. I don't like the idea of dealing with this for a long time. one thing that is really bothering me is that I think it's making me paranoid? like i'll be sitting around thinking deeply as I often do and then i'll think "well..what if my sister isn't real? maybe i've invented her to keep me sane and comfortable" <- thoughts like that have me worried i'll lose my mind. those are the kind of thoughts that bother me because they affect other people and not just me. losing my mind frightens me as well because of how it might affect my sister. she's my best friend and I really don't want her to have to deal with having a looney sister on top of everything else she has to deal with.

PanchoGoz
01-04-13, 20:12
It does. It went for me. Only occasionally do I have existential musings, but who doesn't?