PDA

View Full Version : First time away from home since last July

Annie0904
01-04-13, 18:47
I am in Liverpool for a few days with my husband. First time away from home since last July. So far anxiety free and have even managed to go out for a meal :) We went to New Brighton and most of the eating places were really busy so we found a cafe that does Roast dinners and it was so lovely. Just like home cooked. It was also not busy at all so I was fine. A few months ago I thought I would never be able to go away any where again :D

panickyme
01-04-13, 19:04
Annie that is awesome, I'm so proud of you. It's funny when I go away I am less anxious, so that tells me a lot of the problems are home. (maybe) You give many hope. Enjoy your time, and have a safe trip. :hugs:

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:08
I usually get so anxious about being away from home. I am missing my little kitties though and I expect they will miss me but 2 of our neighbours girls are going in to feed them and play with them.

Edie
01-04-13, 19:09
That's great news Annie :)
I hope the rest of your holiday is good too.

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:13
Only here for 2 nights but I have book a holiday in Croatia the end of May and this is my practise run (except that I will have to get on the plane for Croatia :scared15:)

panickyme
01-04-13, 19:15
You are going to do amazing on that trip!!!!! I know you miss the Kitties, and I am sure they miss you also, (they are probably going to tell you off, for leaving them when you get home, look out. :)) It just makes us appreciate what we have. :hugs:

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:22
I am sure they will Debbi and the little one really shouts when he isn't happy! :D I always think I am going to get stopped going through customs because I look so nervous I worry they think I will be hiding something! Last time we went away my 82 year old Dad was with us and he started to panic. I said "Dad what wrong" He said "I just remembered I have some polos in my pocket!" (Livesafers to you Debbi) I said "I am sure they will be fine"! I don't know what h thought he could do with polos on a plane that would worry them so much. :roflmao:

Tufty
01-04-13, 19:22
Well done Annie :yahoo:
I think being away from home is a challenge for many of us, you are doing amazingly well.
Enjoy your break
Sam

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:25
Thank you Sam :)

panickyme
01-04-13, 19:30
Omg, Annie that is cracking me up! I can't believe you know what we call them. (life savers) you would fit over here in US perfectly. Your Dad sounds as cute as you are. I can't wait until you go on your Holiday next month, just to hear your stories!!!!! :hugs:

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:32
ha well my Mam and Dad will be going with us again so it should be fun :)

bernie1977
01-04-13, 19:33
Well done Annie, that's brilliant news. Really pleased to hear you've got away and are enjoying it. :D

almamatters
01-04-13, 19:34
Really pleased for you Annie, you are doing brilliantly. :hugs:xxx

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:35
Thanks Bernie...will let you all know tomorrow how our morning with the Liverpool legend Phil Thompson goes :D

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Thanks Alma :)

bernie1977
01-04-13, 19:39
When my team Barnsley knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup a few years ago his face was a picture!

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:40
When my team Barnsley knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup a few years ago his face was a picture!

:D

Spot-the-frog
01-04-13, 19:43
Well done Annie that is brilliant. You will have to tell me how you got to this stage?

Karen x

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:54
Karen, just by trying to remain positive and knowing I could overcome it even though I had days when I just wished I wasn't living! Remember everything however small that is positive and don't dwell on negatives. I am also having intense psychotherapy and CBT4Panic has also helped tremendously. x

Edie
02-04-13, 17:18
Annie, you have inspired me to book myself a holiday. I'm going birdwatching in the Scottish Highlands :)

I hope the rest of your stay in Liverpool goes well and you're now looking forward to your trip to Croatia!

swgrl09
02-04-13, 17:50
Good for you!!!! Congratulations! I am really proud of you :) I find sometimes a big change of scenery helps my anxiety too. Enjoy :hugs:

Annie0904
02-04-13, 18:06
Annie, you have inspired me to book myself a holiday. I'm going birdwatching in the Scottish Highlands :)

I hope the rest of your stay in Liverpool goes well and you're now looking forward to your trip to Croatia!
Edie, that's great, I am really pleased for you :D

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Good for you!!!! Congratulations! I am really proud of you :) I find sometimes a big change of scenery helps my anxiety too. Enjoy :hugs:

Thank you :)

I have had an amazing day today. We went on the Liverpool legends tour with Phil Thompson. What a lovely man he is. I didn't feel anxious at all :D We went to the Liverpool museum after but I started to get a bit anxious there so thought I had done enough for one day so we came back to the hotel.

dally
03-04-13, 21:04
WOW!!!! Well done Annie
So glad you've had an easy and good time. Brillant

Annie0904
03-04-13, 21:20
Back home now :D I have even got my appetite back...haven't stopped eating today :)

hanj16
03-04-13, 21:30
Glad you had such a lovely time Annie, sounds like a perfect few days away :). You did so well in overcoming your anxiety!

Tessar
03-04-13, 21:43

Haa haa haa haa (sorry, Annie, I didn't mean to laugh :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:)

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Wow, Eddie, when u go - let us know what species you see....I'm into bird watching (though I'm not a twitcher....I do know some)

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Hey Annie, I don't know where I was but I only spotted this thread 2nite. How very irritating. Anyway I am very proud of your achievement the last few days, it's brilliant after what you've been through lately (even if you were at anfield with the enemy :ban::sly::curse::bansign::footy::footy::footy::fo oty:)

Annie0904
03-04-13, 22:14
Thanks everyone :)
Hopefully it will give me confidence to do more now. :)