PDA

View Full Version : swollen glands??

nck44
01-04-13, 19:07
woke up this morning and got swollen glands in both sides of groin, googled it and comes back pretty bad stuff. not painful just swollen,. should i be worried? anything i can do to get them down?

rachee24
02-04-13, 16:08
Hiya have they gone down now? Glands swell where there's an infection and can take 4-6 weeks to go down! I've got 1 direct on my collar bone was pretty painful when I had a chest infection but its painless now and still there! I'm constantly googlin and makin myself ill with fear! Try not to google visit your doctor if they get bigger :)

EmmerLooeez
02-04-13, 19:00
Glands usually swell when fighting off infection, please do not Google! Google only ever makes things worse. If you're concerned then see your doctor, you may need some antibiotics but I hightly doubt it's anything more sinister.
xx

robin321
02-04-13, 19:35
As mentioned by others, glands swell to fight infection. They may not even ever go back down. This is because their shape changes when they grow. But this is them doing their job. There is nothing alarming about it. My wife had one for 6 months, and I had one for 4.

The fact that they are bi-lateral (both sides) also points to that. Lymph nodes on their own are not a cause for concern... but if both sides are up that even more so points to an infection.