PDA

View Full Version : Advise please - shall I go back to the docs?

Spot-the-frog
01-04-13, 19:41
I was signed off work 2 weeks ago with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I was prescribed fluoxetine and have been taking these for two weeks but not noticed any difference in how I feel. The doctor told me to self refer to italk which I have done but telephone appt is not til 11th April. The thing is I need help! I am struggling to get out of bed, I am in a constant state of anxiety, I can't go out, I am not eating much. I don't know whether to ring the doctor and make another appt and tell them that I am not coping. I am constantly worrying about my job and having time off and just making myself worse. Or.... do I just keep taking the tablets and hope that things improve? I am at the end of my tether and feel so low and lonely and stupid, and so, so worried I won't get over this. I am also having very frightening thoughts that I would be better off not being here.

Sorry I sound so desperate :-(

Annie0904
01-04-13, 19:46
2 weeks isn't long although I know it feels like it is when you are feeling so low. I would give the tablets another couple of weeks to get into your system and by then you will also have your telephone appointment. Try not to feel guilty about not being at work (I did the same!) Your health is more important than anything and you need time to rest and recover. I had those same thoughts about thinking I would be better of not here but now I am pleased I am :) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

mrsnobody
01-04-13, 21:23
two weks really isnt long enough ive been off 2 months and still struggle somedays. It takes time

Lilharry
01-04-13, 21:49
If you are having suicidal thoughts, then definitley go back to the doctor - they might want to look at your prescription or give you something else to help. Don't suffer by yourself, at least give the doctor a call if you are worried.

Freaked
03-04-13, 19:39
I'm going through the exact same thing. It's been 6 weeks now, no diagnosis of any kind, on very low dose xanax and beta-blockers for the symptoms. My life has become limited to four anxiety-filled walls, either about my health or how much I'm losing track of things. If the rest of my tests come back negative, I'm gonna do my best to stomp on this thing. Atm my symptoms are making me feel...awful. If I can eat normally and sleep okay, I count that as a winning day.