PDA

View Full Version : Worried again - loose bowels

Lilharry
01-04-13, 21:15
My doctor has put me on a wheat free diet for severe fatigue and digestive issues (fatty, undigested stool. I was feeling okay for the first day, then the next day I drank some bubbly wine and was sick for 2 days. Today I had a very loose bowel movement and the food was undigested in it. Could this be a side effect of going wheat free, or should I be worried? I still don't feel well and was hoping going wheat free would be the answer to my problems, but now I'm just anxious again :(

LauraJF
10-04-13, 03:40
I was just thinking you might have a food allergy and I just found this:

The presence of undigested food in the stool indicates a deficiency in the secretion of hydrochloric acid by the stomach, of digestive enzymes by the pancreas, or both. These deficiencies can be helped by supplementation. Digestive enzymes are available as supplements in several forms. For further details about digestive enzyme supplements and how to rotate them, see

I hope the supplements will help you. :)

My doctor has put me on a wheat free diet for severe fatigue and digestive issues (fatty, undigested stool. I was feeling okay for the first day, then the next day I drank some bubbly wine and was sick for 2 days. Today I had a very loose bowel movement and the food was undigested in it. Could this be a side effect of going wheat free, or should I be worried? I still don't feel well and was hoping going wheat free would be the answer to my problems, but now I'm just anxious again :(

Lilharry
10-04-13, 03:53
Thanks so much for that. I hadn't actually considered that it could have something to with allergies. My doctor has given me a pancreatic digestsive enzyme to take with meals, which is helping a little. But now I have started on a cocktail of supplements from a naturopath, so I have stopped taking any pharmacy medication and just taking what the naturopath has prescribed. I'm hoping I will see some changes over the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed!

LauraJF
10-04-13, 03:56
You're welcome, I hope you will have relief soon! :yesyes:

Thanks so much for that. I hadn't actually considered that it could have something to with allergies. My doctor has given me a pancreatic digestsive enzyme to take with meals, which is helping a little. But now I have started on a cocktail of supplements from a naturopath, so I have stopped taking any pharmacy medication and just taking what the naturopath has prescribed. I'm hoping I will see some changes over the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed!