PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin question

StevenN
01-04-13, 22:10
Just a quick question for the experienced pregabalers.

I've been told to take three doses of Pregabalin throughout the day. What are the best times to do that? The third dose I currently take at around 10pm and I'm wondering if that might be why I'm feeling so crappy in the mornings.

Thanks.

JaneC
02-04-13, 01:38
Not sure Steven, I'd imagine they should be as evenly spaced as possible but ask your doc or a pharmacist.

hanshan
02-04-13, 05:50
Pregabalin has a fairly short half-life, which is why it is often prescribed to be taken three times a day, especially when first taking it, and levels in the body are building up. Later, it's possible to switch to twice a day.

I don't know if taking a dose late at night would make you feel bad in the morning. It might be, or it might be the reverse, that your levels of pregabalin have fallen overnight. Mornings are often the time of lowest mood for sufferers of anxiety regardless of medication.

It's possible to experiment a bit with what time of day you take pregabalin, and how much you take at each dose, but don't change the overall daily dose without discussing with your doctor.

Tufty
02-04-13, 10:17
Hi Steven,

I am taking Pregabalin 3 times a day at about 7am, 3pm and 10pm - when first starting it I found it better to take with food, if I didn't I would get a drunk like feeling about an hour after taking it. Any side effects quickly wear off - with 4-5 days of any increase.
Sam

StevenN
02-04-13, 13:05
Okay great. Thanks for the replies.

Mark13
02-04-13, 17:20
Steven

I take mine twice a day, but had to experiment with timings to get the best effect.

I find if I take my last one a couple of hours before bedtime it is better for me than taking it last thing.