PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared

Eek
02-04-13, 09:13
So I have a couple of difficult things coming up over the next couple of days and they're really freaking me out.

Firstly I'm coming off some of my meds starting tonight - the zyprexa (olanzapine). I've read some nasty horror stories about people coming off this med - uncontrollable vomiting and months of insomnia so I'm really scared about coming off of them

Secondly I'm going to see my gynae about my treatment resistant thrush tomorrow and from what I've read the only treatments are either possibly deadly in themselves or react with my meds I'm scared that the treatment is going to kill me.

I'm just tying myself in knots about this, I should have come off the zyprexa a couple of months ago but chickened out so my psych refused to give me a new prescription this time as he wants me off them so I have to try and come off them. I'm a nervous wreck, I don't think I'm going to be getting any sleep tonight with worry I'm terrified. I don't know what is going to happen with the thrush treatment but I'm convinced whatever he gives me is going to kill me

Sorry for going on but I just need some support right now, it's really scaring me

Lilharry
02-04-13, 10:46
Oh Eek, I'm really sorry to hear you're having a rough time. It's totally normal to be worried. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off it tonight? I'm basically living in front of the telly at the moment, or playing stupid computer games to keep my mind occupied, in between waiting for blood tests and seeing the doctor.

Just remember you may not suffer any side effects from coming off your meds, but maybe make a plan for yourself for the worst case scenario. If it turns out that you do start vomitting, well, that's okay, you can get someone to take you to the doctor and get anti-nausea drugs to help with that. Insomnia can be treated with sleeping pills. You will get through it, it just may take a bit of time.

Don't be sorry for going on about it - I think that's the very point of this group isn't it! I'm sure everything will be just fine at your appointment tomorrow. Sounds like you've been informing yourself too much and worrying about the worst case scenario. Try to trust that the doctor will know what to do and get you fixed up, because they will - that's what they're there for and they know what they're doing - and they won't give you anything that is going to harm you.

Hugs hon, you are going to be okay. Try to ride out the night doing something to take your mind off it. xx

Eek
03-04-13, 01:43

I only got about an hour and a half sleep last night so the insomnia kicked in hard from the withdrawal, I hope this doesn't last long, I like my sleep and get very cranky when I don't get any.

I'm off to the gynae in half an hour I'm hoping there's a treatment for this resistant thrush that isn't going to cause me problems or possibly kill me o_O Fingers crossed.

Lilharry
03-04-13, 01:53
Good luck for you appointment hun - please let me know how you get on. I'm sending positive vibes across the Tasman to you xx

Eek
03-04-13, 07:15
Thanks Lilharry. Well the good news is no death pills for the thrush. Bad news is the treatment I he gave may not work, if it doesn't then I have to try a different one, ultimately, he said, a lot of people that get this particular thrush have to live with it o_O So we'll see how it goes.

I hope I manage to get some sleep tonight, though it's the second night without my tablets and I think the withdrawal gets worse on the second to third night then lasts about three to four weeks. I just hope I don't get the uncontrollable vomiting.

Lilharry
03-04-13, 09:21
Yay for no death pills, that must be a relief! Let's hope these ones do the trick for you.