PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Mirena

justina
02-04-13, 10:25
Hello, I have been away from the board for a while since I decided to "fake normality". I have been "acting normal" (no anxiety web sites, no googling, no symptoms checking) for some months now and it has helped me to bring my anxiety to a lower level.

One week ago I got a Mirena coil fitted. I know it's progesterone, and I know progesterone has been bad for my anxiety earlier (when I was on the pill) but 2 doctors told me Mirena could work for me since it acts more locally and has lower levels of progesterone.

Well now since I had it fitted I feel I am constantly super anxious. Every little thing about my kids make me think they are seriously ill. I keep checking them all the time, which is not good.

Also, I keep thinking of Mirena increasing my risk of breast cancer.

Anyone else with anxiety and experiences of Mirena? How did it affect your anxiety?

I think I will have it removed very soon, I can't live with this constant extreme anxiety, plus the breast cancer fear!

MargaretHale
02-04-13, 11:22
I was offered one to help control my anxiety, it didn't work for me I'm afraid and I got some headaches with it, so I asked for it to be removed. However, my friend suffers badly with migraines and heavy periods and mild anxiety and it has really worked for her. There's isnt a one thing that work for everyone.
x