PDA

View Full Version : Feeling dizzy/unsteady

ItchyOne
02-04-13, 11:37
For a few weeks now, I've been feeling mild dizziness. It all started when I came back from a plane trip few weeks ago when I had one bout of vertigo. Since then, I had mild dizziness on and off everyday but no vertigo. I don't feel faint, no ringing ears, and I don't have headaches. It just feels like I'm losing balance but never severe enough to cause to me to fall. It's like my head floats a little before adjusting itself back quickly. It usually happen when I have sudden movements in my head, but I do get it even when I am sitting stationary. The sudden movements just make the feelings worse. Otherwise, I think I am ok. I'm pretty sure it is not caused by my anxiety.. although I do feel anxious...

Lately a pattern emerged. I would wake up in the morning feeling fine. Then the dizziness or unsteadiness kicks in some time after breakfast. I would continue to feel this way until just after lunch time. Then the dizziness/unsteadiness would completely go away and I could continue the rest of the day feeling perfectly fine.

I've seen a doctor this week and he thinks it has something to do with my inner ear. My BP checks out ok, nothing wrong with my ear drums.
I've booked an ENT appointment for further examination.

Do anyone here experience a similar sensation?

Annie0904
02-04-13, 17:44
I do sometimes get dizziness but mine is caused by low blood pressure and sometimes anxiety. My son was like this when he had an inner ear infection.

EmmerLooeez
02-04-13, 18:46
I've had dizziness plenty of times in the past, particularly during an anxious period, and it's always just disappeared of its own accord. I know that it is associated with anxiety though I couldn't tell you why. Hope you feel better soon. xx

ItchyOne
02-04-13, 23:49
Thanks for the replies.
I feel that mine isn't related to anxiety... I don't know if this sounds crazy but sometimes when I'm feeling ok, I deliberately made myself anxious just to see if the dizzy spells return, but they don't.

chl_hobbs
03-04-13, 07:33
Ive had it EVERY DAY since xmas. Drs say its my heightened anxiety state but lije u, I get it when I feel ok?!! They dont care. I keep trying to tell myself itll be ok, bur I cant live like this its debilitating.

Charlotte