PDA

View Full Version : Strange item in the post....

steveo
02-04-13, 14:14
Felt I needed to share this with someone as it's so weird. Since temporarily moving back down to Cornwall to my dads house during my breakdown I've already woken up to a Peacock on the roof of my house but the weirdness continues.

I got a small jiffy bag, addressed to me in the post and my name. Very few people know my Cornwall address. Very few people know I'm even in Cornwall right now.

Inside was something very small and wrapped up with gift wrap and selotape.

Inside this is what I can only describe as an antique clip, silver, with 6 gemstones on. I don't know what it is or what possible use it has or who sent it. I have no idea what a 28 year old guy is supposed to do with one!

Well I do know who sent is as on the reverse of the jiffy bag is an surname of whom I've never heard in my life, and an address in Surrey.

The only thing I can do is write a letter to that address asking what it's all about.

Very strange. Just felt I needed to share it with someone!!

Steven

Bekzie
02-04-13, 14:19
That is very strange, could you have accidentally ordered it from ebay or something? or someone could of ordered it for you. It is a nice strange though :)

steveo
02-04-13, 14:29
I double checked my ebay account. Nothing. Also this address isn't listed on my ebay or amazon or anywhere else. No one really knows this address as I live in Cardiff normally. This is my dads house. It's so odd!

Bekzie
02-04-13, 14:45
At least now you have a little mystery to solve :)
was there a note or anything in the envelope? or a receipt?

steveo
02-04-13, 14:49
Nope! Nothing! So odd!!

I'm just glad there's a return address on the back. I've written them a letter and just posted it.

Jamesk
02-04-13, 14:49
What is your father's initial? Is it similar to your< Could it be meant for him and just a mis-writing of his name?

Bekzie
02-04-13, 14:51
I am intrigued Steveo let me know what you find out :)

steveo
02-04-13, 15:05
Yeah it's clearly to Steven and not my fathers name which is John!

I will update you all when I know!

clio51
02-04-13, 16:09
It's not of your mum or sister is it. :)

nomorepanic
02-04-13, 16:44
Steve

I have an idea so will PM you

steveo
02-04-13, 17:09
Still no closer to finding out! Very confused. I'll try and post a photo of it soon for you all.

mikewales
02-04-13, 18:43
Very weird ! maybe you have a secret admirer ( with odd taste in presents ! )

Pipkin
02-04-13, 21:59
How strange - have you got a photo of it? And how could anyone get your address? It's not someone from work is it?

Pip

little wren
03-04-13, 09:32
Have you given your address to someone on here? Didn't I read a post of yours a few weeks back saying thank you to someone who had posted you a treat bag or something when you were really down...just a thought. Also if people know your surname and that you are in Cornwall can they not get your address from the phone book? I imagine whoever they are it is a gesture of kindness on their part - and a letter is a great idea (just to find out who they are lol).

t0rt01se36
03-04-13, 10:37
I received a small jiffy bag, a few months ago and didn't know who it was from. There was an address on the jiffy bag, but I still didn't know who it was. Inside the jiffy bag was a 3d circle with a grey clip on it. On the circle, the pattern has a green background and a butterfly or flower pic on, on one side.
Turns out it is for a shopping trolley, instead of paying a pound, but I dunno why I was sent it.

Not sure why I mentioned this.

Hope you find out Steveo.

Annie0904
03-04-13, 13:54
I am dying to know who this is from now Steveo :D

xtremx
03-04-13, 14:24
Strange things do happen.. I would pop down the jewellers quick lol

Steveo if you are anywhere near me in Cornwall will have to meet up and have a cuppa...

Magic
03-04-13, 16:12
I am also dying to know what this is :shrug:

Thumbelina
03-04-13, 16:25
Id like to think that you are already a reality star on some prank tv program, just make you are looking smart for cameras for few more days....:0)

steveo
04-04-13, 12:48
MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

So..... that same day in the post I also received a few lovely things from a lovely member on this forum. A nice pamper box and also a wheatgrass growing kit for my new juicing regime!

Well I rang that person to thank them and I also happened to tell her my story about the mystery item! Turns out she bought it when she bought my wheatgrass kit and forgot to change the address from mine to hers!!!

SOLVED!!! That really a very strange thing!!

Today in the post I received a bible from my mum who I rarely see and who knows I'm not religious. I wonder what will come in the post for me tomorrow?!

Annie0904
04-04-13, 12:52
Pleased you solved the mystery :D

hanj16
04-04-13, 13:00
What a strange set of events, quite fun to think what's coming next though :D. Hope Cornwall is treating you well!

ricardo
04-04-13, 15:05
NMP has become a dating agency lol :ohmy:

steveo
04-04-13, 16:51
Haha! There was no romance intended with my pamper box Ricardo lol! Feel free to send me some Spanish goodies! In return I'll send you the best of British... a Pot Noodle and a Roast Dinner!

clio51
04-04-13, 16:55
Hey, how come I don't get sent any pamper box then!

steveo
04-04-13, 17:17
That's why I haven't mentioned the persons name! So then she won't have to send more out! :)

I'll send you all a Cornish Pasty

Annie0904
04-04-13, 17:25
Oh a REAL Cornish pasty :D now that does sound good and in return I will send you some stottie cakes :D

steveo
04-04-13, 18:02
Yes a REAL Cornish pasty!! This isn't your Gregs the Bakers rubbish! The REAL THING! You just can't beat it :)

I have to admit, I just had to google Stottie Cakes as I've never heard of them before. But that sounds like a nice swap!

Annie0904
04-04-13, 18:31
My son moved to Hertfordshire and he really misses his Stottie cakes :D

clio51
04-04-13, 22:52
I'll trade you an eccles cake for a real Cornish pasty, as long as you havnt made it. Lol

Annie0904
04-04-13, 22:54
Clio you never know Steven might make the best Cornish pasties ever and home made are always best :D

Serenitie
04-04-13, 22:56
MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

So..... that same day in the post I also received a few lovely things from a lovely member on this forum. A nice pamper box and also a wheatgrass growing kit for my new juicing regime!

Well I rang that person to thank them and I also happened to tell her my story about the mystery item! Turns out she bought it when she bought my wheatgrass kit and forgot to change the address from mine to hers!!!

SOLVED!!! That really a very strange thing!!

Today in the post I received a bible from my mum who I rarely see and who knows I'm not religious. I wonder what will come in the post for me tomorrow?!

:roflmao: Hey mister, I want my art deco dress clips back!!!:winks:

I told the seller that my friend was very much in touch with his feminine side but would have no vintage dresses to make use of these dress clips :D I asked her to post to my address. She obviously forgot!

Like I said on the phone, I'm glad that I did not order anything naughty... :blush::whistles: