PDA

View Full Version : Muscular Pains from anxiety?

Steph83
02-04-13, 18:48
Hi all,
Ive been experiencing alot of pain throughout mu body. Its all getting a bit much.
Ive pretty much had every test under the sun. The pain is between my shoulders into my chest and then where ever it fancies going.
Ive had an endoscope, an xray and im waiting on an MRI. Plus all the blood tesrs.
Ive been convinced its like cancer COPD or enphazema but nope no sign. Which im very happy about but what the hell is wrong with me???
My docs think that this may be a knock on effect of 3 years of panic attacks. Can all this pain be down to anxiety?
Im not convinced but the tests arent showing anything at all.
Has anyone had any symptoms like this? Please tell me what you experience.

panickyme
02-04-13, 19:00
Hi Steph, i am just like you. I get a lot of chest pains, and other weird pains. I have had everything to do with the heart/chest area checked, but I still get them. Yes, anxiety can do this to us. We seem to hold a lot of tension, from anxiety, and worrying all the time. Also, we focus, and are in tune with every ache we get. Then we think the worse. Try to believe the test, I know it is hard, when I don't believe them myself most of the time, but we have to start there. You have had some really good test done, and I think if there was something it would of showed up. Hope you feel better, and know you are not alone. :hugs:

BlueScarlett
02-04-13, 20:15
Muscular pains are a part of anxiety as when you feel panicky your muscles tighten then loosen once you relax and that causes the pain. It could also be from stress as well, but definitely don't worry about it! :) Hope this helps :)

CharlieM
02-04-13, 20:26
Hey Steph,

I could have written your post. It has taken me ages to accept all my pains and discomfort are caused by anxiety. I get everything that you describe - all on my left side as well, which just makes my anxiety worse. It also affects my left arm and armpit. I have started to watch my posture and it is definitely helping. I have started sleeping on my right side as well, as quite often I was waking up with numb left arm and fingers.

You are def not alone with this. You have had the tests done, so you just need to look at ways to keep your upper body relaxed whenever possible.

Charlie

Steph83
03-04-13, 22:31
Thanks to all of you for replying.
Its just so hard for us when its not something anyone can see but it is real.
As an over thinker we are always looking for answers.
I hope you are all doing ok. Ive actually got my MRI next week so fingers crossed it will come back clear and i may be able to rest my mind.

Again thank you xx

ritaroo81
03-04-13, 22:54
Hi Steph
Wow i can completely understand what your saying i get loads of pins and needles type pains from my head through to my legs not all at same time but over the day it all shifts about my body. i also suffer with eye twitches and also a feeling of a lump in my throat and the feeling as if i cant swallow, which i can as im eating and drinking fine. I to am an over thinker and when i feel the pains im usually onto google to check out what it could be... usually assuming the worst.. I have asked my dr for an mri but getting no where how on earth have you managed to secure an apt for one??
I hope that yours doesnt turn anything up and you are perfectly well apart from your anxiety of course. xx

Steph83
04-04-13, 20:47
Hi Rita.
I have crohns also so thats how i got the mri. So they can put to bed anything else.
Its just so hard being this way. Im pretty convinced i have cancer. It plays on my mind all the time. The physical pain just wont go away. I just need some rest from it.

Annie0904
04-04-13, 20:53
I have started to go for physio for my aches and pains. I ws beginning to think it was something more serious but as soon as the physio started working on my back, neck and shoulders, I knew it was muscular. He said my muscles are really knotted up with tension.

panickyme
04-04-13, 20:53
Awwww Steph sorry you still aren't feeling well, let us know how you do with your mri. :hugs:Debbi

sparkle_1979
04-04-13, 20:55
It makes me sad reading your post. I feel the same, ha is exhausting

I have had lots of muscle pains for around a year, every part of me at some point has hurt x

ritaroo81
04-04-13, 21:04
Hi Rita.
I have crohns also so thats how i got the mri. So they can put to bed anything else.
Its just so hard being this way. Im pretty convinced i have cancer. It plays on my mind all the time. The physical pain just wont go away. I just need some rest from it.

O hun that must be hard. im not sure i know what crohns is?? i shall have to rely on my old pal dr google to see. Hopefully your scan can set your mind at ease and prove to you that you dont have cancer. I shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you :bighug1: xx