PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

mokeith
21-06-04, 09:35
Hello to all,
My name is Mike, I currently live and work in Japan but my home is in the U.S. I have had panic attacks for the past nine years and counting. For the past eight years I was on Xanax and Paxil but I decided I wanted to control this disease without medication. I’ve been using meditation and exercise to try and control my attacks. Some days are good, and some are terrible, I mean horrible but I don’t want to go back to the medication because it makes me feel worse. I ve educated myself enough to know why and how the attacks happen but it’s the controlling part that I am still having problems with. I hope to share and gain information from everyone on the board. Please feel free to contact me anytime. May peace be with you."NEVER GIVE UP":D

Michael O.

sarah
21-06-04, 10:29
hi Mike

Welcome to the site!
i hope we can be of use to you in any way and we look foreward to any contributions you might have.

take care
Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

april tones
21-06-04, 10:57
hi mike, welcome! With the controlling part i found taking a deep breathe in and out once and you will feel your self returning to normal state and symptoms fading.I also repeat its only a panic attack helps too, good luck love april

apriltones

Meg
21-06-04, 12:41
Hi Mike ,

Welcome. Glad you have decided to go for it and get over it all.

Do look at First Steps in the introduction section and ensure you're looking after your physical , emotional and spiritual needs.

Both medication and exercise are brilliant.

Once you've had a hunt round, do post if you're still missing something .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

seh1980
21-06-04, 17:02
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the site!! I think it's very brave of you to to try to tackle your panic attacks alone without medication. I've had panic attacks for almost a year now and know that I couldn't have coped without the meds. I'm on Cipralex and it has helped me loads. Keep in touch and let us know hoe it's going.

Sarah (seh1980)

mokeith
22-06-04, 06:10
Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and support. :)

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Michael O.

nomorepanic
28-06-04, 21:52
Hi Mike

Welcome aboard - I am just catching up on posts as I was away last week so please bear with me whilst I read everything.

You will get loads of help her so welcome aboard.

Nicola