PDA

View Full Version : Think I have heart disease

hempchick
03-04-13, 07:12
I'm 23 and have had palpitations for about a year. Also I am short of breath when laying on my back. This is really scaring me.

katielou80
03-04-13, 07:40
i had ectopic hearts beats constantly for 19 months!!! like every 4th beat. i get short of breath too. dr didnt even want to do tests, says millions of people are in our boat x

hempchick
03-04-13, 07:45
What's weird is its almost only when laying down. Not with exercise or anything. Scares the hell out of me

chl_hobbs
03-04-13, 07:52
Having them at rest is common. Its when your hr slows down and you notice them more. Lying down is when i.get them.mostly. I had tests and theyre ectopic. The drs dont seem to.care as apparently most people get them.but many dont realise. I still panic and think.ill have a heart attack. Its scary I know xxx

hempchick
03-04-13, 16:50
It's common? I read it was less common and could mean worse things :( which is why I'm scared

Loubelle87
03-04-13, 17:16
Hi hempchick

I get exactly the same. If I lie in a certain way or on my back or even with my head and shoulders slightly tilted upwards I get ectopic beats and I feel them in my throat and they take my breath away. I feel my pulse and it i get a run of 3 quick beats and then it goes back to normal.

I'm petrified of this too. Sometimes I get it when I'm just sat at my desk at work. I've had numerous ECGs (all fine), a stress test, a 48 hour holtor monitor (which I'm still waiting the results of since December!!!).

It is frightening and I've had this for coming up to two years and I'm only 25 x