PDA

View Full Version : First time palpitation

willous1
03-04-13, 07:19
Hi, I have not been here for months and have been feeling a lot better. However last night I woke up at about 4 to a thud on the left side of my chest. It was only once. I get muscle spasms everywhere but this did not feel like that. I've been up since worrying and don't want all this hard work the last aww months go to waste. I also don't want to go to the doctors unless need be as when I go it starts of becoming obsessive. I went so many times last year about my chest etc send they ended up basically banning me. It was not massively hard but felt different. I am a bit stressed as a couple of days ago my nephew got ran over and I am looking after his sister's whilst he is in intensive care. But would worry cause that. Would appreciate help

cattia
03-04-13, 08:25
So sorry to hear about your nephew, I hope he is ok. Yes it sounds like a palpitation and most definitely the stress you are under would cause this. When my anxiety is bad I get them pretty much all day long. Most of the time they feel like flutters but I definitely get the thud ones too that feel like missed beats. I have suffered these for as long as I can remember and they aren't serious.