PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack??

chl_hobbs
03-04-13, 08:57
Hi can someone help me? I have had bad palpitations for months now aswell as severe health anxiety and ptsd. Ive had an echo(all ok left ventricle upper limits of normal but they dont care) 24 hr ecg showed lots and lots of ectopic(benign) beats.

Yesterday I felt really sick, it felt like constant heart burn. My whole upper tum hurt and I felt uncomfortable. I went to the dr she felt my tum and it was sore to press and she said probably just irritation of the stomach or a slight bug.

When I went to bed I started panicking as id read that heartburn and nausea can happen before a heart attack. Then I thought I couldnt breathe. I got some palpitations. I finally fell asleep but woken up this morning still I feel so sick still. This coupled with the pins and needles in my left arm over the weekend is scaring me so much(dr says its a trapped nerve caused by severe muscular tension). I feel sick today and feel not quite with it. My chest feels 'tight'but i dont know if this is anxiety from all this or not. Ive been to a+e SIX times over 3 weeks (I know...its awful but I have genuinely been scared about certain things ) and they said I need to control my panic and "better judge" when to see a dr.

Is this the start of a heart attack? Im 29, no signs of heart disease, bnp (heart failure)blood test clear,very stressed with health anxiety, benign ectopic beats, low blood pressure, echo ok (even tho the left ventricle was on upper limits of normal they dont care- but all valves etc normal)...

Hate this x

Annie0904
03-04-13, 09:06
Anxiety can cause nausea but it could also be a bug as your doctor said. I am sure it won't be a heart attack as all your tests have been fine. I think this is all anxiety related with what you have gone through

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

I know it isnt easy but try to do something relaxing to take your mind of it xx